World view: Atheism
Atheism is the believe that there is no God in the world (as
opposed to pantheism, and
Panentheism), nor that there
is any God beyond the world (as opposed to Deism, and Theism).
The Atheism Web
gives an introduction to Atheism, but note that this introduction is
supposing a Theistic reader, and is biased as such.
Exposition of Atheism:
Evaluation of Atheism
- The essence of Christianity, by Ludwig Feuerbach.
- The Future of Illusion, by Sigmund Freud.
- Contemporary Critiques of Religion,
by Kai Nielsen.
- The Anti-Christ, by
- An Atheist's Values, by R. Robinson.
- Why I Am Not a Christian, by
- Existentialism and Humanism, by Jean-Paul Sartre.
- Complete Essays of Schopenhauer, by Arthur Schopenhauer, bk. III:
- On Natural Theology, by Thomas Chalmers.
- God in Modern Philosophy, by James Collins (chap. VIII)
- Anti-Theistic Theories, by Robert Flint.
- Beyond the New Theism, by Germain Grisez.
- Atheism in Our Time, Ignace Lepp.
- Phenomenology and Atheism, W.A. Luijpen.
- A Short History of Free Thought, by J.M. Robertson.
Based on Chapter 12 of
Christian Apologetics, by Norman L. Geisler.
About the existence of God