World view: Pantheism
Pantheism holds that God is identical with the real world.
God is all and all is God. God does not trancedent reality but
is immanent in reality, or rather, all reality is in God.
Beyond him is only illusion or nonreality.
Pantheism is the polar opposite of Deism.
Where Deism stresses God's trancedence, Pantheism stresses his
immanence in the world.
Exposition of Pantheism:
Evaluation of Pantheism:
- Phenomenology of Mind, by G.W.F. Hegel.
- The Essentials of Indian Philosophy, by M. Hiriyanna.
- Enneads, by Plotinus.
- The Hindu View of Life, by Sarvepali Radhakrishnan.
- Ethics, by Benedict Spinoza.
- Behold the Spirit, by Alan Watts.
On the Web:
- Anti-theistic Theories,
by Robert Flint. (chaps. 9,10 and apps. 39-41)
- Systematic Theology by Charles Hodge. (Vol I)
- Pantheism and Christianity, by John Hunt.
- Concepts of Deity, by H.P. Owen. (chaps. 2 and 3)
- Mysticism, Scared and Profane, by Robert C. Zaehner.
Based on Chapter 10 of
Christian Apologetics, by Norman L. Geisler.
About the existence of God