Andy second time ITP
On November 27, 2003 we discovered
that Andy got Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura
(ITP) for the second time. Below a graph showing his platelet levels
and Prednison medication.
The orange lines represent Sundays. The black dots represent
the platelet count (times 1000). The first dot is from November 27.
The blue line represent the Prednison medication in mg per day.
The green line at the bottom indicates the days that we gave
him 500 mg vitamine C. The pink blocks at the bottom, represent
days that he had a fever.
The following diary entries are dealing with this subject:
- Thursday, November 27, 2003: Blue lip
- Friday, November 28, 2003: Still 9
- Monday, December 1, 2003: Down to 5
- Thursday, December 4, 2003: Platelet count remains constant
- Monday, December 8, 2003: Andy is recovering!!
- Wednesday, December 17, 2003: To the hospital
- Monday, December 29, 2003: Blood check and down to 16 again
- Thursday, January 1, 2004: Black lips
- Saturday, January 3, 2004: Bleeding lips
- Monday, January 5, 2004: Platelet count doubled (to 34)
- Thursday, January 8, 2004: reducing medication
- Tuesday, January 13, 2004: 109!
- Friday, January 16, 2004: 136