She was born in Urumqi,
Xinjiang, P.R. of China.
She belonged to the first students that were admitted at the university
after the Cultural Revolution. She got her Bachelor of Science degree
in Mathematics in 1982 from Xinjiang
University in Urumqi.
After finishing her studies, she worked
on a project to build the `ZYP-1 automatic translate spectrometry system',
a system which employed the first micro-computer (a Cromemco CS3A with 8PIO)
ever used in Xinjiang.
The project won the third price in the Xinjiang Science and Technology
Award of 1985. On December 21, 1984, she attended the Xinjiang Fuzzy Logics
conference held in Urumqi.
In 1988 she got her Master of Science degree in
Computer Science from the
University of Science and Technology
China in Hefei, Anhui, P.R. China. The title of her master thesis was
"Design and realization of software system in modern ICP Spectrometer".
After having worked at the Institute of Electronics, Academica Sinaca,
Beijing for two years, in 1990 she went to Hong Kong to work at the
University of Hong Kong. There, to her
surprise, she met a woman with a Phd who was also a christian. This made
her give the Christian faith some serious thoughts for the first time in her
life, as she always had considered religion something for the non-educated
people. This resulted in her becoming a Christian as well.
After one year she could no longer stay in Hong Kong, and made it to the
U.S. of America. Only after four months she was invited to apply for a job
at the University of Twente in the Netherlands. And after having waited
for a visa for more than 3 months, she arrived in the
Enschede, Netherlands in March 1992. She worked together with
Prof. C. Hoede
(see this picture).
On December 12, 1992, she started dating Frans.
The first wedding she attended together with him, was the
wedding of Sijbrandus and Susanne.
On October 6, 1993, she married with
On their honeymoon they went to Hong Kong,
Urumqi, and Beijing.
On October 14, 1994, Annabel, her first child was
born in Enschede. Almost three year later,
on October 7, 1997, her lovely son Andy was born.
On December 7, 2006, she was diagnosed with
On February 14, 2011, she was admitted
in a nursing home in Enschede.
- Friday, January 5: Put Annabel with her
- Tuesday, January 9: Installing a CD-ROM drive
- Wednesday, January 31: Making a valentine card for her
- Friday, February 9: About closing the curtains
- Wednesday, February 14: Valentine
- Wednesday, February 21: The socks riddle
- Sunday, March 3: Watching "Rain Man"
- Sunday, March 3: Cleaning Annabel
- Tuesday, March 12: Being loved
- Saturday, March 23: Light being switched of
- Tuesday, April 2: Cooking some nice dishes
- Wednesday, April 10: Cooking some nice dishes again
- Monday, April 29: Annabel repeats chinese words after her
- Thursday, May 9: Annabel calls Frans while being dressed by her
- Thursday, June 20: People watching her page
- Monday, June 24: Thinking about visiting her family
- Wednesday, June 26: Going to China
- Thursday, June 27: 268 watched her page
- Friday, June 28: Contacting Uncle Lin
- Friday, July 12: Meindert's birtday
- Wednesday, July 31: Taking a shower under primitive circumstances
- Thursday, August 1: The cheapest busses in Urumqi
- Friday, August 2: Sleeping in the afternoon
- Friday, August 9: Finding old pictures
- Saturday, August 10: Going to Lake Tianchi
- Tuesday, August 27: Giving Annabel a bath
- Wednesday, August 28: No official name?
- Friday, September 27: Getting Annabel dressed
- Monday, October 7: Three years married: dinner and applying for naturalistaion
- Tuesday, October 8: Her birth certificate accepted as legal
- Saturday, October 19: Shopping
- Sunday, October 27: Watching Chinese movies
- Friday, November 1: Frans his birthday
- Monday, November 25: Getting Annabel dressed
- Saturday, November 30: Making noises in her sleep
- Thursday, December 12: In love for four years
- Thursday, January 9 : Chicago Bulls cap
- Friday, January 10: About Annabel sleeping with us
- Thursday, January 16: Requesting for Dutch nationality
- Monday, February 10: Sending an invitation for her sister
- Thursday, April 3: Got the Dutch nationality
- Monday, May 26: Phoning her and thinking about a present
- Tuesday, May 27: Her birthday
- Friday, June 13: Carisma
- Saturday, July 19: Packing
- Friday, August 1 Moving: day one
- Saturday, August 2 Moving: day two
- Sunday, August 3 Moving: day three
- Monday, August 4 Moving: day four
- Tuesday, August 5 Moving: day five
- Friday, August 8 Moving: day eight
- Wednesday, August 13 Being in love
- Friday, January 15: Clock in the bathroom
- Friday, January 29: Talking with Andy on the phone
- Saturday, February 27: Sale
- Saturday, March 13: Eating at McDonalds
- Friday, May 14: Inserting the tube
- Monday, July 5: Memory
- Tuesday, July 26: Andy recognizes the voice of Frans
- Friday, July 30: Talking about mathematics
- Monday, August 9: Shopping in Utrecht
- Tuesday, September 28: Roses
- Wednesday, October 27: Eastern Mysteries
- Wednesday, October 27: Feeding Andy with a tube
- Monday, November 1: Presents for Frans' birthday
- Thursday, November 11: Andy sits up
- Sunday, November 21: Teaching Annabel the game of Go
- Saturday, January 1: First day of the year 2000
- Friday, February 25: Out of petrol
- Sunday, March 5: Playing FreeCell
- Wednesday, March 29: Andy crying
- Monday, April 3: Swing bench
- Thursday, May 11: Spoons
- Saturday, July 8: Frans' his diet
- Saturday, August 12: Meteorite
- Wednesday, August 30: Autumn is coming
- Friday, September 1: Bought the book "De ramp van Enschede"
- Monday, October 16: Frans takes a day off for her
- Monday, November 13: Annabel teaching her Dutch
- Wednesday, November 22: Applying for a temporary residence permit for her mother
- Saturday, November 25: A celebration dinner
- Sunday, November 26: Dinner again
- Saturday, Decemeber 2: Andy says goodbey
- Thursday, Decemeber 14: Dreaming about her father
- Friday, Decemeber 15: Andy being ill
- Saturday, Decemeber 23: The Magpie
- Saturday, February 3: Allowing boys to take snow from our backyard
- Wednesday, February 7: TaoDeChing
- Sunday, February 18: 84 Ways to Know If You're Chinese...
- Sunday, February 25: Noddy
- Monday, April 30: Finding a very cheap Maxi-Cosi for Andy.
- Tuesday, May 29: Andy can say his name
- Thursday, May 31: Andy calls her "mamma"
- Monday, June 4: Andy starts biking when she goes outside with him.
- Thursday, July 5: Breaking down our fence
- Saturday, July 28: Tree on blossom
- Wednesday, August 8: Glenn Doman
- Saturday, August 11: "Het Heiderbos"
- Sunday, August 12: A romantic night
- Monday, August 13: Swimming
- Monday, December 3: Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura?
- Tuesday, March 5: Hun Tun
- Sunday, April 28: A typical Sunday
- Wednesday, May 15: Election day
- Sunday, June 9: Winnie the Pooh
- Tuesday, July 16: Curly kail
- Wednesday, July 31: Visting family
- Friday, August 16: Personality tests
- Tuesday, September 10: Swimming
- Saturday, September 28: 5 cents
- Sunday, September 29: Pruning
- Monday, October 28: Storm
- Monday, November 4: House repairs
- Friday, November 15: Crisis = Danger + Opportunity?
- Tuesday, December 24: Toys
- Thursday, January 2: Taking the train
- Wednesday, January 22: Election day
- Saturday, February 8: Collapse mania
- Saturday, May 24: Open day
- Monday, May 26: Green garden
- Wednesday, May 28: Flat tire
- Thursday, May 29: Birthday
- Wednesday, June 11
- Saturday, June 28
- Monday, July 7: L'espion spy camera
- Saturday, July 12: Going into the city
- Saturday, August 2: Xenos
- Monday, August 4: LAGA
- Monday, September 29: Rainbow
- Monday, October 6: Ten years
- Sunday, October 12: Swimming again
- Monday, October 20: Coal brushes
- Saturday, November 1: Frans becoming 42
- Wednesday, November 12: Andy says a lot with a few words
- Friday, November 28: Going with Andy to the hospital
- Tuesday, December 2: Not infested
- Saturday, December 13: Latin dictionairy
- Wednesday, December 17: Andy having an acute ear infection
- Thursday, January 1: New year
- Thursday, January 8: Reduce medication
- Saturday, January 10: Magnolia
- Monday, January 12: Sorry mom
- Wednesday, January 21: Annabel involved in an accident
- Friday, January 23: Police contacted the driver
- Sunday, January 25: Talking with the driver
- Saturday, January 31: Red kidney beans
- Wednesday, February 11: The Return of the King
- Friday, February 27: Macular Degeneration
- Monday, March 22: Left eye getting worse
- Saturday, March 27: Fennel
- Thursday, April 1: Viscosity and painting
- Thursday, April 15: Temporal Arteritis
- Thursday, April 22: Blood tests
- Thursday, April 29: Going to the Go club
- Wednesday, May 5: Ginkgo Biloba
- Tuesday, May 11: Eye condition stable
- Tuesday, May 18: Cargo plane crashed near Urumqi
- Wednesday, June 16: Cars on top of the television
- Friday, July 2: Strange day
- Monday, July 19: Wedding ring
- Monday, August 23: First school day
- Wednesday, October 6: Chocolate bar
- Friday, December 10: New nephew
- Saturday, December 11: Curly Kail
- Wednesday, December 22: Christmas celebrations
- Tuesday, December 28: Lego switch
- Saturday, January 29: Going to the city
- Monday, February 14: In love with Li-Xia
- Saturday, February 19: New bike for Frans
- Sunday, March 6: Curly kail
- Saturday, May 14: New computer
- Friday, May 27: Tropical birthday
- Saturday, June 11: Revenge of the Sith
- Friday, July 8: Parties
- Friday, July 22: Une liaison pornographique
- Saturday, August 6: De Waarbeek
- Wednesday, August 31: Going on a date
- Thursday, October 6: Celebration
- Saturday, October 29: Wallace and Gormit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
- Friday, November 25: Snow blizzard
- Saturday, December 10: Going on a date
- Saturday, January 6: New year concert
- Sunday, January 29: Chinese New Year
- Wednesday, February 8: Nin jiom pei pa koa
- Saturday, February 11: Repairing tap
- Monday, February 20: Nutricia: liquid formula
- Tuesday, February 21: Trip preperations
- Thursday, February 23: Dinner in the city
- Friday, March 3: New passport
- Sunday, April 2: Suitcases
- Saturday, April 15: Going on a date
- Monday, April 24: First travel vaccination for Andy
- Wednesday, May 3: Date on the first summer day
- Saturday, May 27: Her birthday
- Monday, May 29: Vaccinations
- Saterday, June 10: Solar eclipse
- Sunday, June 18: Watching the ISS pass over
- Saturday, July 8: Swimming and more media
- Tuesday, August 8: Visting Heavenly Lake
- Sunday, August 13: Summer Palace and visiting friends
- Saturday, September 30: Going into the city
- Wednesday, October 25: Dinner and concert
- Thursday, December 7: Early-onset Alzheimer
- Saturday, December 9: Getting sick from Reminyl
- Monday, January 8: Revenge of the Nerds
- Saturday, January 20: Going into the city
- Wednesday, January 24: Blood flow and Alzheimer
- Monday, February 26: Going to Maastricht for three days
- Saturday, April 14: Summer has started
- Saturday, May 26: Going into the city
- Sunday, May 27: 50th birthday
- Sunday, June 10: Old friend visiting
- Thursday, June 14: Minor surgery
- Wednesday, August 1: De Waarbeek
- Saturday, September 15: Eight Dutch Kabuki day
- Saturday, October 6: 14 balloons
- Saturday, October 13: Stardust
- Tuesday, December 25: Christmas
- Friday, January 4: Cleaning
- Saturday, April 26: Batavierenrace
- Thursday, May 1: Ascension day
- Monday, June 9: Italy defeated
- Wednesday, June 18: Playing Go
- Sunday, July 6: Books
- Tuesday, July 15: Utrecht
- Wednesday, July 16: Beeld & Geluid
- Thursday, July 17: Amsterdam
- Sunday, September 14: Willow tree
- Tuesday, September 17: 21-0
- Saturday, September 20: Singing Tesla Coils
- Saturday, October 4: Curly kail
- Sunday, October 19: Alzheimer's Disease caused by vascular inflamation?
- Saturday, December 6: Going into the city
- Wednesday, December 31: Resveratrol Extra Forte
- Saturday, January 17: Sale at bookshop
- Thursday, January 29: Mirror
- Saturday, February 14: Going into the city
- Saturday, February 28: Encyclopedia
- Sunday, March 1: Chinese childrens dictionary
- Thursday, March 19: Possible link between Reminyl and epilepsy
- Saturday, September 12: Gogbot Festival
- Saturday, September 19: Ninth Dutch Kabuki day
- Wednesday, October 14: Cognitive decline
- Sunday, October 18: Eating curly kail hotchpotch
- Tuesday, December 29: Going into the city
Flights she took
Below the list of all flights Li-Xia took.
- Jan/Feb 1987: Urumqi - Beijing, in the B-2611.
- Jan/Feb 1988: GuangZhou - Urumqi.
- August 27, 1990: Urumqi - Guangzhou (Canton) flight CA977 seat 12F.
- 1991: Guangzhou - Urumqi.
- 1991: Urumqi - Guangzhou.
- July 29, 1991: Hong Kong - San Francisco flight SQ2 with Singapore Airlines
21:45 to 19:00 seat 42K.
- July 29, 1991: San Francisco - Los Angelles flight DL963 with Delta Airlines
21:00 to 22:20 seat 13A.
- March 4, 1992: Los Angelles - Boston flight NW42 with North West 10:35 seat 12C.
- March 4, 1992: Boston - Amsterdam flight NW42 with North West seat 20C.
- October 9, 1993: Schiphol - Kopenhagen flight SK552B with SAS in a DC-9-41,
the Sote Viking, seat 14B.
- October 9, 1993: Kopenhagen - Hong Kong flight SK991 with SAS in a Boeing 767,
the Gyda Viking, LN-RCD, seats 25H.
- October 15, 1993: Canton - Urumqi, Xinjiang flight XO9302 with Xinjiang Airlines in a Li-86.
Departure time 14:15. Take-off at 17:24, about three hours delayed.
- November 6, 1993: Urumqi - Beijing flight XO9101 with Xinjiang Airlines in a TY-154m, the RA-85716.
Departure time 9:15. Take-off at 9:41.
- November 16, 1993: Beijing - Kopenhagen flight SK996 with SAS in a Boeing 646,
identification number SE-DOC, seat 23E.
- November 16, 1993: Kopenhagen - Schiphol with SAS in the Ottar Viking, SE-DFY.
- July 27, 1996: Schiphol - Beijing flight KL897 with KLM 16:00 to 07:15 seats 2J in the
City of Parimaribo, a Boeing 747-400. Take-off was at 16:17.
- July 28, 1996: Beijing - Urumqi flight XO9102 with Xinjiang Airlines in a Li-86, B-2018.
Departure time 14:40. Take-off was at 18:15, a little more than
three hours delayed. Touch-down was around 22:00.
- August 19, 1996: Urumqi - Beijing flight XO9101 with Xinjiang Airlines in a Li-86, B-2019,
seat 39E or 39F. Departure time 10:05. Take-off at 10:16, touch-down at 13:21.
- August 25, 1996: Beijing - Schiphol flight KL898 with KLM 9:35 to 13:40 seats 29F in
the City of Parimaribo, a Boeing 747-400. Take-off at 10:20.
The Pilot's name was J. de Boer (if I read the signature correctly).
- July 24, 2006:
Schiphol - Beijing flight KL897 with KLM 17:10 to 08:35 seat 39B in the
city of Karachi PH-BFK, a Boeing 747-406M. Take-off at 17:41, touch-down at 10:25.
- July 25, 2006:
Beijing - Urumqi flight HU7145 with Hainan Airlines 13:40 to 17:45 seat 20E in the
B-5139, a Boeing 737-84P. Take-off at 14:20, touch-down at 18:18.
- August 12, 2006:
Urumqi - Beijing flight HU7246 with Hainan Airlines 12:50 to 16:15 seat 14E in the
B-2492, a Boeing 767-34P/ER. Take-off at 13:20, touch-down at 16:26.
- August 17, 2006:
Beijing - Schiphol flight KL898 with KLM 10:35 to 14:35 seat 38B in the
City of Freetown, PH-BFF, a Boeing 747-406M. Take-off at 10:39, touch-down at 14:04.
- May 13, 2010: Dusseldorf Airport - Barcelona flight AB8936 with AirBerlin 5:50 to 8:00 seat 25E in the
D-ABBO, a Boeing 737-86J. Take-off at 6:10, touch-down at 8:03.
- May 15, 2010: Barcelona - Dusseldorf Airport flight AB8565 with AirBerlin 20:20 to 22:35 seat 24E in the
D-ALTD, a Airbus A320-214. Take-off at 20:40, touch-down at 22:28.
- July 12, 2010: Dusseldorf Airport - Schiphol flight CZ7786
with China Southern Air (executed by AirFrance/KLM flight KL1862) 18:25 to 19:20 seat 12D in the
PH-EZF, an Embraer EMJ-190. Take-off at 18:42, touch-down at 19:11.
- July 12, 2010: Schiphol - Beijing flight CZ346 with China Southern Air 20:55 to 12:40 (next day) seat 20E
in a Boeing 777-200. Take-off at 21:06, touch-down at 12:18 local time.
- July 13, 2010: Beijing - Urumqi flight CZ6908 with China Southern Air 15:45 to 19:45 seat 20B in the
B-5240, a Boeing 737-71B. Take-off at 15:57, touch-down at 19:46.
- July 29, 2010: Urumqi - Beijing flight CZ6911 with China Southern Air 08:10 to 11:45 seat 5E in the
B-2835, in a Boeing 757-236. Take-off at 8:21, touch-down at 11:33.
- July 29, 2010: Beijing - Schiphol flight CZ345 with China Southern Air 14:20 to 18:35 seat 41J in the
B-2057, a Boeing 777-200. Take-off at 15:25, touch-down at 18:57.
- July 29, 2010: Schiphol - Dusseldorf Airport flight CZ7781 with China Southern Air 21:40 to 22:30 in the
PH-KZH, a Fokker 70. Take-off at 21:59, touch-down at 22:26.