Sometimes when I am working very concentrated, I suddenly, out of the blue,
have to think about something that I did a long time ago. I call these
event Random Memories, because it
is if my mind generates some random memory from the past. Maybe, as an
alternative, I could also call them Spontaneous Memories. They
are a form of what, in scientific literature is called
Below a summary of these kind of random memories is given, starting
from October 29, 1999. The listing below does not list all of them.
Some are too short, that I feel I should not count them. And it also
seems that these kind of memories are much like dreams: they are
easily forgotten, and then impossible to recall.
June 4, 2007 I discovered several people
with the similar experiences.
- 29th at 13:45 while programming:
Restaurant just across the bridge from Ocean City (New Jersey,
USA) to the shore in the Summer 1985, where we went to have
ice cream on a group date.
- 6th at 14:08 while debugging:
Outside a high school party with a girl who wanted to kiss me
just to show-off (mid seventies).
- 7th at 15:44 while debugging: same as yesterday.
- 9th at 8:05 while driving: Floor 8 or 9 of the engineering tower of
the Akzo-Nobel main buildings in Arhnem (around 1993).
- 21th at 22:55 while bringing Annabel to the toilet:
A special dinner on February 24, 1995.
- 28th in the evening while eating some ice-cream:
Christian conference center "De Bron" (mid eighties).
- 31st at 17:20: a school retraite in the Dutch provence "Zeeland" (mid seventies)
- 2nd at 16:10: Outreach in Antwerp (early eighties).
- 2nd at 19:40 while washing dishes: Frying sausages in
Kuusamo, Finland February 10, 1995.
- 7th at 19:58 while washing dishes:
Visiting Heavenly lake in 1996.
- 7th at 20:22 while cleaning:
Tunnel near Maredsous in 1989.
- 22nd at 17:26 while preparing dinner:
The former R.C. monastery in Woerden around 1980.
- 23rd at 20:25 while cleaning:
Walking in the forrests near Birmingham together with Tony
in the summer of 1989.
- 24th at 14:56 while working:
School camp of the school year 73/74.
- 28th at 16:53 while doing some editting:
Some strange movie called "The Family", which I saw on September 27,
1977 during a school camp.
- 2nd at 13:19 while editting: Walking through Ommen. Late eighties.
- 4th at about 9:15 while putting away the dishes:
Visiting a boy, who mentioned trysistors to me, during the mid seventies.
- 4th at 21:25 while doing the dishes: Highschool graduation party
which was held in a canal cellar in Utrecht, not far from the
- 7th at 13:48 while looking into code: Going swimming in a
swimpool while staying with an uncle and aunt who lived in Son. Late seventies.
- 9th at 23:40 while laying in bed: (forgotten about what)
- 11th at 19:51 while feeding Andy:
the Slegte bookshop in Utrecht.
- 13th at 7:15 while eating:
The public library in Woerden. Late seventies.
- 13th at 11:57 while attempting to reproduce a bug:
Walking through the streets of Ocean City in 1985.
- 13th at 15:50 while working:
Walking through Paris on April 7, 1995.
- 17th at 7:05 while dressing Annabel:
visiting Llandudno in 1989.
- 19th around 10:45 while in church:
Barb's BarBQ in Ocean City in 1985
- 19th around 10:47 while in church:
Going walking with some friends near Boekeloo early nineties.
- 20th at 13:49 while editing:
High school trip to Oegstgeest.
- 20th at 14:33 while editing:
Going to the bistro restaurant `La cuisine' on
August 9, 1997.
- 29th at 7:05 while dressing Annabel:
Attending a church in Almere. Early nineties.
- 4th at 11:00 while entering some administrative data:
Primary school, Pius X school, Woerden, first class, 1968.
- 7th at 14:22 while programming:
Biking on ascension day near De Lutte with some friend in 1992.
- 10th at 16:16 while programming:
Denver International Airport when returning from the
DBPL conference in 1997.
- 10th around half past 10 while programming:
McDonalds restaurant in Kwoloon,
Hong Kong, oktober 12, 1993.
- 10th at 23:27 while preparing bread for tomorrow:
helping with the repair of some refuge home for young people.
(I had totally forgotten that I ever had done this.)
- 12th at 16:34 while comparing two files:
Bastion hotel in Hoofddorp where I stayed for giving an AutoCAD ADS course.
- 13th at 19:55 while cleaning a frying pan:
visiting Avifauna in Alpen aan de Rijn. Around 1970.
- 17th at 14:25 while debugging:
The castle where the banquet was held of the
FAIM '95 conference.
- 19th at 7:04 while feeding Andy:
Funeral of a student. See November 8, 1999.
- 19th at 19:20 while feeding Andy:
Somewhere on the highway in Germany while coming back from a
holiday in Austria in 1991.
- 23rd at 9:00 while feeding Andy:
Picknick in a park in the North of Amsterdam in the summer
of 1986 together with everyone of the SOS.
- 25th at 16:56 while programming:
Sokos Hotel Vantaa.
(Same as on February 22, 2000)
- 28th at 9:48 while programming:
Fragrence Hill near Beijing, close to where Mao Zedong stayed for some time.
During our honeymoon in November 1993.
- 30th at 18:25:
Going to Rotterdam together with my a teacher from my primary school (or was
it Kindergarten), and to other boys: Paul and Ricardo. Around 1967.
- 2nd at 10:15 while debugging:
Going on a children's quest in Woerden. Late sixties.
- 3rd at 15:12 while programming:
Wedding party of one of my cousins, in a restaurant near a place
where I also stayed during a boy-scouts camp. (Near Amersfoort??)
Around 1970. I vaguely remember there was an old bunker left over from
World War II nearby the restaurant.
- 6th at 15:00 while sitting in our living room:
Going on a picknick in a park in Birmingham with some frends.
- 12th at 14:43 while debugging:
An open area on Fragrence Hill near Beijing where there used to be
some kind of temple.
During our honeymoon in November 1993.
- 17th around 8:05 while driving:
Having breakfast in a pub along the road to London.
- 22nd at 11:23 while unregistering some executables:
Reading books from the Narnia
Chronicals by C.S. Lewis in Fallbrook in November 1987.
- 22nd at 15:34 while programming:
Walking near Llandudno on July 8, 1992.
- 24th at 10:34 while studying a log file:
Kite flying in "Zeeland" in 1968.
- 24th at 10:55 while debugging:
Eating lunch on the parking place of a deli, somewhere north of Denver on
Sunday, August 17, 1996.
- 27th around 8:30 while taking a shower:
one of my home teachers for English. Mid seventies.
- 27th at 21:25 while bringing Annabel to bed:
Watford in 1979 and
Paris by night on April 6, 1995.
- 29th at 15:17 while fixing bugs:
Going on a weekend trip with people from high school. Staying in
a youth hostel somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
- 2nd at 18:05 in the bathroom upstairs:
A house in Los Angelos where I visited a friend for one night.
Around November 18, 1987.
- 5th at 9:51 while analysing code:
Walking outside Watford in 1979.
- 5th at 13:58 while trying to reproduce a bug:
Dining room of the conference building "Burghaamstede".
Agapé conference, late eighties.
- 5th at 12:51 while investigation a bug:
Stuttgart where I attended the FAIM'95 conference.
- 8th at 13:55 while entering some data:
Dusseldorf Airport, April, 1996.
- 9th at 17:13 while analyzing bugs:
The home of Arda and Cobi above a grocery store. Late eighties.
- 16th at 16:43 while modifying some code:
Thai restaurant in Darmstadt. Spring 1997.
- 19th at 12:01 while entering some data:
Eating ice-cream at Sylvesters in Wildwood, N.J.
Summer of 1985.
- 24th at 23:46 while writing an article
about "eXtreme Programming":
Sitting in a bus close to the beach, around 1980.
- 26th at 11:32 while comparing two files:
Watching birds at a lake just North of Denver on
August 17, 1997.
- 26th at 11:40 while looking at code:
Attending a church service with a famouse preacher
in Ocean City in 1985.
- 28th at 11:21 while trying to build an executable:
In a side street of the boardwalk in Atlantic City, N.J.
- 28th at 12:21 while waiting for the coffee machine:
In a train along the Rijn river while traveling to Darmstadt
in Germany. May 11, 1997, I guess.
- 7th at 14:18 while comparing files:
The harbour from Hong Kong seen from the water front at Kwoloon.
October 12, 1993
- 20th at 11:50 in a meeting:
Elementairy school camp.
- 27th at 14:51 while doing some stupid editting:
Watching a drama play in the Arsenal building in Woerden.
Somewhere in the early seventies.
- 27th at 16:20 while fixing a big:
Wedding of Cobi and Jan some ten years ago.
- 27th at 16:27 when almost cutting my thumb:
Walking on the Great Orme near Llandudno
- 1th at 14:32 while editting some warning message:
Some building in Woerden
where I received some vacination. Late sixties.
- 4th at 13:23 while looking at some code:
Elementairy school "De Kring" in Woerden which I attended
from 1969 till 1973.
- 6th at 15:09 while rubbing my eyes:
Waiting near somebodies home in Woerden. Early eighties.
- 6th at 16:45 while entering some data:
A Christian bookshop at the Dutch "Youth with a Mission"
headquarters at the end of the summer of 1992.
- 8th at 10:56 while eating an apple and studying some code:
Driving through Belgium to Berdorf in Luxumburg. We came in a city
where there were strange road markings, as if the roads were also
part of a racing circuit.
Summer of 1969
- 13th at 20:48 while doing the dishes:
School camp in Aardenburg.
- 25th at 15:04 while programming:
Almost getting an accident with a wood level milling-machine,
while working with a cousin in the late seventies.
- 25th at 16:36 while programming:
Watching to a program finding lines in a capture image during
a TarT festival at the University of Twente.
(These were by far not the only of this day.)
- 27th at 14:31 while programming:
An exhibition about the Apollo space flights and the Saturn V rocket
somewhere here in the Netherlands (a zoo?) that I attended
together with my father(?).
Late sixties, early seventies.
(I cannot remember having thought about this in the past ten years.)
- 29th at 11:21 while driving to the city center:
Selling Christmas decorations with the boy-scouts in December.
An older boy was driving a carrier cycle, and we were running
from door to door, asking the people if they wanted to buy one.
- 2nd at 11:35 while looking at some code:
Going to the school docter with Annabel
- 2nd at 15:01 while looking at some defect description:
The house of my paternal grandparents on the Leidsestraatweg in
Utrecht. Late sixties.
- 2nd at 16:21 while writing about a defect investigation:
First day in Stuttgart, where there
are many soldiers celebrating that their militairy services has
come to an end. June 27, 1995.
- 4th at 10:36 while investigating a bug:
ABB cantine in Zoetermeer (?) around 1992.
(Same as on February 9, 2000)
- 5th at 14:18 analyzing bug description:
Playing at some mud/sand piles along a ditch in an area which
was being prepared for new buildings. Early seventies.
- 18th at 14:26 while writing down some defect analysis:
School camp in 1979.
- 5th at 16:54 while driving to Hengelo:
biking back from a weekend away with a student group.
We stayed at a camp ground half way between Enschede and Haaksbergen.
- 6th at 9:30 while analyzing some code:
Bookshop in the railway station of Zwolle. Around 1992.
- 6th at 14:56 while doing some administrative tasks:
Wedding of Duko and Jenny.
- 8th at 15:58 while testing some software:
Walking near Fragrence Hill in Beijing.
- 10th at 10:14 while working:
Kuusamo, Finland, February 1995.
- 14th at 16:47 while analysing code:
A camping farm where we stayed with the youth group of my church in the
spring of 1992.
- 23th at 12:56 while editting some sounds:
Wedding of Erica. Mid eighties.
- 23th at 16:00 while editting some code:
Going to an Indian restaurant in Enschede with some people of the
University. Around 1995.
- 27th at 13:00 while editting some code:
Working at the stair factory "Hoograven" in Montfoort. Late seventies.
- 29th at 10:48 while making some minutes:
Getting some extra lessons for English with a rather old man living on a house
along the moat in Woerden. Mid seventies.
- 30th at 13:30 while scratching my tea pot:
Walking together with Meindert through the old buildings of some
- 19th at 15:26 while contemplating about some code:
Having a dinner in the Japanese restaurant of the Mövenpick Hotel
during the AutoCAD developers conference which
I attended in 1994.
- 2nd at 14:14 while writing a document:
sitting in the classroom of the Pius X school in Woerden when in first grade in 1986.
(Same as on April 4, 2000)
- 15th at 11:59 while studying some code:
Going on an excursion from school to The Hague. Late seventies.
- 16th at 18:24 while eating:
rowing on the "Nieuwkoopse plassen" with some
friends for Youth for Christ Woerden. Around 1980.
- 16th at 19:49 while reading with
Biking on a dark sand road somewhere between
the Campus of
University of Twente and Twente Airport.
Lately, I have many random memories while reading together
with Annabel before she goes to bed.
- 2nd at 3:25 while writing a report:
Being trapped in the basement of a house that was under constructions.
This was in the late sixties. I had been ill and was allowed to play outside
while still staying home. A few streets from our house a new house was being
constructed. I walked around and felt in the basement. Luckly, I was able
to place a piece of wood in a corner and use it as a stepping stone to
climb out of the basement.
- 5th at 11:57 while writing a report:
playing games with our primairy school in a park near our school close to
the summer school holidays. Around 1970.
- 6th at 21:00 while preparing some bread for tomorrow:
Chicago Zoo. November 1987.
- 8th at 12:39 while looking at some log file:
Shop in Estes Parks where we got some drinks and such.
- 11th at 18:04 while vacum cleaning:
Having a small holiday trip
with a friend of my mother in Alkmaar. Late sixties.
- 15th at 15:42 while looking at some code:
The EASC conference in July 1987.
- 16th at 15:37 while attending a team meeting:
A cafeteria at the Hannover Messe. Summer 1997.
- 23rd at 11:32 while testing a program:
The "tournooysveld" shopping center in Woerden, while
old trades were demonstrated. Early seventies.
- 27th at 10:16 while entering some time sheet:
Visiting the Beijing Zoo with Annabel
and Xiao Bing (aka Shirley Icecream) in
- 1th at 17:03 while wondering what I should do:
Visiting the Philips Evolon Technology museum. Mid seventies.
- 22nd at 13:57 while updating the change history of a source file:
Visiting the Keukenhof with Pastor Zhu and his wife. Spring of 1994.
- 23rd at 15:20 while studying some code:
A high school graduation party in 1981.
- 23rd at 15:54 while studying some code:
Primary school "De Kring". Late sixties early seventies.
- 30th at 13:34 while testing a program:
Half way Da Ben Shen and Tulufan in Xinjiang. October 29, 1993.
- 30th at 14:47 while testing a program:
Eating in a Indian restaurant in Birmingham. July 1990.
- 2nd at 9:57 while looking at some code:
Going to Amsterdam on a trip with the computer science faculty in 1994.
Same as on February 13, 2000.
- 2nd at 10:23 while searching for a certain file:
Shopping in Helsinki in May 1996.
- 2nd at 13:49 while browsing some code:
Visiting someone between Harmelen and Woerden who gave me a plastic recorder
made by Yahama. Late seventies.
- 9th at 2:20 while looking out the window:
The "Vesting" bar at the University of Twente. Late eighties.
- 23rd at 1:39 while studying some code:
A kind of sport clinic with some children in Atlantic City.
- 21th at 10:45 while formatting some text:
Walking during the night along the river "De Vecht" north of Utrecht
after some kind of dropping.
- 21th at 14:41 while comparing files:
Walking in Reutte just before Christmas in 1991.
- 28th at 11:17 while comparing files:
Marcel B., a former colleague when I was working with a company called
Seki around 1992.
- 28th at 14:44 while comparing files:
A dodecahedron with a calendar on it. Mid seventies.
- 28th at 14:49 while comparing files:
Story about a car that ran on water instead of petrol. Late sixties.
- 19th at 9:36 while working: Looking for huming birds in
Estes Parks, Colorado.
- 19th at 11:44 while working: Militairy excersize area
near Austerlitz during a scout camp. Mid seventies.
- 19th at 13:32 while working: Power plant near Nijmegen in
- 20th at 8:27 while working: Swimming pool in Woerden.
- 20th at 10:45 while working: At home in Woerden reading
an article about hugging in Readers Digest.
- 20th at 12:06 while working: taking a psychological test
with a study advisor. Early 1980.
- 20th at 13:37 while working: Waiting at the Helsinki
airport for a flight home.
Februari 11, 1995.
- 20th at 14:04 while working: Up in the dish of the Evoluon
in Eindhoven. Early seventies.
- 23rd at 10:55 while working: Visiting some friends in
Arhnem. Mid eighties.
- 23rd at 11:17 while working: Some wedding.
- 23rd at 12:16 while working: Harpsichord of my uncle.
- 23rd at 13:20 while working: Steakhouse in Chicago.
- 23rd at 15:09 while working:
Camp in Giethoorn. July 1980.
- 23rd at 16:42 while working: Walking through The Hague.
- 24th at 9:44: Wood cutting during a
scout camp on Texel.
- 24th at 10:39: Library in Woerden. Around 1980.
- 24th at 10:58: First day in Birmingham outside the
tourist information and post office in 1992.
- 24th at 11:40: Visiting some friend in Woerden. Late sixties.
- 25th at 10:07: Railway station of Duisberg when I had
to wait for a delayed train in 1997.
- 25th at 10:45: Bike path between Enschede and De Lutte.
- 25th at 10:55: Some wooden puzzle of a house with a
tree in front of it. Around 1966.
- 26th at 14:57: Park in South of the centre of Paris.
April 5, 1995.
- 26th at 16:55: The apartment and working studio of
some artist in Amsterdam.
- 27th at 14:23: Walking in the snow near Kuusamo in
in February 1995.
- 27th at 16:14: Eating ice creams with Sylvester in
Wildwood in the summer of 1985.
- 30th at 9:47: Waking up a hill in Urumqi with
Xiao-Zhong on October 27, 1993.
- 31th at 11:54: "In de Ruimte" children camp. Around 1982.
- 2nd at 11:45: Having a lunch at the Akzo head offices in
Arhnem. Around 1992.
- 6th at 13:14: Trucks on the road around Urumqi in 1993.
- 6th at 16:06: Tennis club of Woerden. Early seventies.
- 6th at 16:09: Opposite the ABB building. Around 1992.
- 8th at 9:24: Bookshop in the railway station of Zwolle. 1992.
- 9th at 11:09: Talking with Calton Pu in the restaurant
before the Transcoop workshop in Darmstadt.
- 9th at 11:45: Standing before the stand at the
"Het Instrument" exposition on October 12,
- 9th at 12:45: High school camp
in September 1977.
- 9th at 13:46: Tour around the water gathering facilities
in Loenen aan de Vecht. August 9, 1978.
- 9th at 13:54: Book fair here in Enschede. Late eighties.
- 9th at 14:12: Walking in the mountains near Estes Parks,
- 12th at 10:35 while working:
Playing with sand together with a friend in Woerden.
- 17th at 11:38 while testing a program:
standing in the fog along a field near the campus with some friend from
America (November or December 1986).
- 2nd at 9:33 while checking email: talking with a lady about
philosophy in Woerden. Around 1980.
- 7th at 8:31 while cleaning my computer mouse:
Supervising an examination at the university which was taken in a sports
hall. Around 1989.
- 7th at 11:19 while studying the contents of some database table:
looking over a lake North of Boulder, Colorado.
- 11th at 13:29 when reading MSDN online help: reading a story
about a derailing train in the mountans which was only a dream.
- 11th at 15:12 while studying some code: Canteen of Philips
Medical Systems. Late 1994.
- 15th at 8:41 while reading MSDN help files:
Eating in a Japanese restaurant in Geneva
in March 1994.
- 28th at 14:36 while searching a database:
reception of the wedding of
Jan and Cobi on January 12, 1989.
- 12th at 10:18 while editing:
Standing in the entrance of a pub in Birmingham, finding shelter
for the rain. July 1992.
- 13th at 12:38 while editing:
Looking for a house in Ede. Spring 1998.
- 19th at 13:45 while studying some sample code:
Going to the Wilhelmina Childrens Hospital in Utrecht with
Andy. Early 1998.
- 25th at 14:55 while testing a program:
Opening of video presentation in the Computer Science
building at the University of Twente.
On November 26, 1996
or April 14, 1997.
- 27th at 13:55 while debugging some program:
My mother playing with Annabel in
"The primade of Austerlitz" play garden. August 1999.
- 1st at 17:27 when preparing to go home:
Eating in a Chinese restaurant in Helsinki.
- 4th at 14:31 while comparing files:
Hortus Botanicus in Amsterdam. July 1989.
- 5th at 8:57 while thinking about
aggregation: Helping with putting together a school newspaper,
collecting the sheets and stappling them together. Late seventies.
- 5th at 1:07 while thinking about aggregation:
Walking up the North slope of the Great Orm near Llandudno.
July 8, 1992.
- 21th at 13:40 while debugging: Going with the bus from
Oxford back to Wycliff center. August 1989.
- 21th at 14:53 while debugging: some fire-breathers in the
evening on the Leidseplein in Amsterdam. Summer of
- 23rd at 15:47 while writing some code:
having a party in the North of Amsterdam.
Summer of Service 1986.
- 23rd at 16:19 while writing some code:
Standing in Buurse outside a farmyard campsite. April 14, 1988.
- 3rd at 9:48 While studying a language description:
Highschool party in Utrecht (late seventies).
- 3rd at 10:46 while programming:
Watching a movie about the Campus during the introduction at
the university. August 1981.
- 4th at 12:22 while editing:
Writing something about a painting as part of a psychological
test. Early 1980.
- 6th at 16:32 while programming:
Having dinner in a Chinese restaurant in the
center of Amsterdam with Li-Xia after we went
to a travel-agency. Summer of 1993.
- 10th at 15:08 while reading documentation:
reception of the wedding of
Theo and Carolien. June 25, 1992.
- 14th at 17:23 while reading some code:
sitting in the "restaurant"
of the Jungle Dome on November 26, 2000.
- 17th 11:44 while writing some note:
Visiting some kind of "castle" outside of Birmingham.
- 21th at 12:28 while testing some program:
Going to an indoor fancy fair in a suburb of Chicago.
- 24th at 9:55 while making some notes:
collecting fishes from a ditch in primary school.
- 24th at 15:21 while debugging some code:
having dinner together with Li-Xia in a kind of take-away
restaurant in Hong Kong. October 1993.
- 24th at 16:39 while thinking about some algorithm:
a food silo of a farm along the road from Woerden to Vleuten.
- 24th at 16:55 while examining some code:
Waiting for our plane from Helsinki to Kuusamo on
February 8, 1995.
- 27th at 11:16 while writing some code:
Driving up to Estes Parks on
August 15, 1997.
- 27th at 14:06 while thinking about how
something should behave: Standing near the entrance
of the swimming pool on the camping "De Mijnden".
- 27th at 15:26 while editting: Standing outside
the Dutch IFES office (in Utrecht?). Late Eighties.
- 28th at 9:43 while programming: Attending an
open day at the child care "De Vlinder". Around 1995.
- 30th at 18:22 while rinsing a pan:
Walking around some waterfalls in Luxemburg during
the summer of 1969.
- 4th at 11:24 while refactoring some code:
Looking at some pictures of the former girl-friend of
a friend of mine at her final examination exhibition.
- 8th at 9:25 while programming:
Visiting some shops in Urumqi.
- 9th at 12:19 while entering the text of a defect:
Reading a book about a woman who was ill for a long time. Late
- 17th at 17:04 while programming:
Waiting at the Dusseldorf airport on
May 23, 1996.
- 9th at 9:21 when examening some code:
having lost the key of my bike in some small park
in Woerden. Early seventies.
- 14th at 15:38 while reading a document on ORM and UML:
Driving with some trains in the attic with a friend in the neighbourhood.
- 19th at 10:06 while programming:
Arriving in Eastbourn on
July 6, 1978.
- 30th at 12:18 while programming:
selling Christmas decorations with the boy scouts. Early seventies.
- 13th at 14:34 while staring at some code:
Being at engineering fair in Hannover in the summer of 1997.
- 17th at 13:41 when writing some debug code:
Being in Hong Kong on honeymoon.
- 18th at 17:18 while programming:
Standing in a bookshop in Hengelo. Mid eighties.
- 19th at 9:46 while listing to some technical discusion:
Birding east of Denver. Sunday, August 17, 1997
- 19th at 10:35 while writing code:
Fictive story about a flying saucer having landed near a village. Late sixties.
- 20th at 12:05 while debugging:
buying a jojo in Eastbourn. Summer 1978.
- 20th at 15:49 while debugging:
visiting Neuswanstein on December 27, 1991
with my father.
- 22nd af 13:27 while considering how to tackle a complicated problem:
Going with my mother to a Cash & Carry shop in Woerden. Late sixties.
- 30th at 15:35 while programming:
Summer of Service with YWAM in Amsterdam. Mid eighties.
- 3rd at 14:19 while programing:
Eating in a Chinese restaurant in Apeldoorn.
- 22nd af 13:27 while considering how to tackle a complicated problem:
Going with my mother to a Cash & Carry shop in Woerden. Late sixties.
- 4th at 17:43 while wondering about a piece of code:
The BBQ organized by Barb during the OCSP'85.
- 5th at 14:47 while programming:
Shopping center "Tournoysveld" in Woerden. Early seventies.
- 3rd at 9:36 while debugging:
Wedding of Duko and Jenny.
In front of the townhall in Delden. June 20, 1992.
- 17th at 10:45 adapting a program:
High school party in the Veehallen in Utrecht on June 23, 1978.
- 17th at 14:49 adapting a program:
visiting the company Reef with some people from Telic.
- 6th at 14:47 while programming:
Sitting on the beach in Ocean City in 1985.
- 15th at 16:45 while debugging:
Dark room of a friend in Woerden. Around 1980.
- 21th at 17:18 while programming:
Waiting for the bus to Maredsous on July 31, 1989
- 30th at 14:53 while programming:
Visiting a lady from the boy scouts at home for some kind of oral exam.
- 3rd at 17:24 while programming:
Having dinner in a Thai restaurant in Darmstadt. Spring 1997.
- 4th at 10:52 while programming:
Walking in Beijing. Morning of
November 15, 1993, I guess.
- 5th at 12:08 while programming:
Steam train stopping at the station of Woerden. Mid seventies.
- 14th at 14:48 while pealing an orange:
Earning some money for the boy scouts by performing simple tasks
(in Dutch: Heitje voor karweitje).
- 18th at 17:12 while programming:
Looking around in a roof tile factory in the early seventies.
- 28th at 14:18 while programming:
Going on a bike ride with a friend on Ascension day 1992.
- 7th at 11:27 while programming:
Excursion to Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. Looking at the big
clock. Mid seventies.
- 2nd at 11:48 while programming:
Being in the "zeemanshuis" during a SOS outreach in Amsterdam.
- 5th at 11:04 while analysing a problem:
An informal drink on a open day at "Holland Signaal". Around 1997.
- 6th at 13:15 while programming:
How helicopters stransported some pipes over the fields near our
home. Mid seventies.
- 8th at 9:40 while programming:
Driving to the funeral of a colleague on
September 7, 2000.
- 27th at 14:06 while debugging a program:
Having a lunch in a McDonalds Restaurant in Kwoloon
on October 12, 1993.
- 12th at 14:51 while programming:
Painting the ceilling of a room, when working for a cousin. June 15, 1976.
- 30th at 10:47 while searching some code:
Going to Scheveningen and attending a Pasar Malem. June 24, 1976.
- 26th at 11:51 while programing:
Going to a swimming pool while staying with some
family in Son, a little village near Eindhoven. Early seventies.
- 2nd at 11:19 while programming:
Going with a truck to get some clay near Montfort
for the rooftile factory in Woerden.
- 14th at 12:12
while programming: Playing on the field opposite the
house where I was born in De Bilt. Summer of 1964.
- 22nd at 17:02
while programming: Going on a lunch with people from Telic.
- 15th at 12:37 while programming:
Looking at a Christian art exhibition in Leiden before the official
opening. Late eighties.
- 20th at 12:30 while programming:
A young girl (7-9 years) running in a 5 Km race in the Bredius
park in Woerden. Late seventies.
- 23rd at 10:25 while looking at a graph:
Walking through Utrecht near the Wilhelmina Child Hospital.
- 8th around 11:00 during the preaching:
Horse back riding near Estes Parks. August 1997.
- 10th at 10:20 while programming:
Attending "Samensmeden" in December 1979.
- 20th at 13:36 while studying code:
First "group" date in Ocean City in 1985.
- 20th at 13:58 while playing with the mouse wheel:
Mechanic track racer build by my cousin Frans with Meccano.
- 29th at 11:43 during the preaching:
Having a lunch in a small restaurant along the highway
when I was giving some training.
- 4th at 16:41 while programming:
Dinner in Thai restaurant in Darmstadt in 1997. Spring 1997.
- 23rd at 14:29 while studying come code:
Attick of my grandmothers home when a cousin of mine was staying there. Late seventies.
- 3rd at 17:46 while coding:
Sitting in the train coming back from Paris on April 8, 1995.
- 7th at 14:11 while debugging:
Meeting colleagues while they were testing software. April 1999.
- 26th at 10:55 while studying code:
Driving with an uncle of me in a car on the high way. Early seventies.
- 6th at 15:12 while studying some code:
Attending the "Quality Day" when working with previous employer.
- 5th at 9:07 while writing code:
somewhere in Atlantic City where homeless people received some meal.
Summer of 1985.
- 17th at 10:48 while testing:
My sister joining a swimming contest in a lake. Late seventies.
- 14th at 18:10 while programming:
Going to an indoor fancy fair in a suburb of Chicago.
- 18th at 10:31 while programming:
Sneaking into a roof tile factory in the early seventies.
- 19th at 15:25 while programming:
Attending Mission '87.
- 9th at 11:40 while programming:
Snackbar along the road in the Hague, when we were
trying to extend Li-Xia's passport. About ten years
- 22nd at 12:06 when typing in some license code:
Walking in Beijing near our second hotel. Around
November 12, 1993.
- 21st at 13:46 while programming:
Waiting for the television recordings on May 4, 2004.
- 21st at 8:57 while programming:
Reading some science books when visiting an uncle. Early seventies.
- 13th at 15:05 while writing some document:
A shopping street in Shrewsbury. August 27, 1989.
- 19th at 15:14: while looking at some data file:
Li-Xia and I in the basement of V&D in Utrecht about five years ago.
- 28th at 14:31 while writting an email:
Looking around in a toy shop somewhere in the USA in November 1987.
- 13th at 11:00 while debugging:
Constructing a street map at school. Early seventies.
- 21th at 16:10 while debugging:
Victoria train station in London. Late seventies.
- 19th at 16:38 while testing:
Television repair shop in Woerden. Mid seventies.
- 16th at 14:03 while coding:
Going to Xinjiang Museum together with Li-Xia on August 1, 2006.
- 11th at 16:40 while coding:
Horse racing track in Maywood. November 1987.
- 20th at 11:17 while editing:
Remembered playing Lunar Lander at some university. Late seventies?
- 26th at 14:35 while programming:
Walking with a friend in some forrest outside Birmingham
(probably on August 27/28, 1989).
- 28th at 17:09 while reviewing some code:
Going to 'Het Instrument' on October 12, 2000.
- 20th at 1:16 while reading an article:
Getting into a basement of a building under construction
when I was about 9 years old.
- 25th at 14:21 while performing an administrative job:
Being stopped by a forrest guard. Mid eighties.
- 13th at 14:35 while checking differences:
Goodbey party of Telic on April 11, 2002.
- 16th at 14:11 while studying some code:
Wedding of Ronald and Ellen on February 5, 1988.
- 19th at 15:45 while designing a dialog:
Visting a Thai restaurant in Darmstad. 1997.
- 24th at 14:17 while writing some code:
Having dinner with Mr. Zhou and his family on November 14, 1993 in Beijing.
- 2nd at 13:09 while copying some text:
Getting a refund from a ticket in Hong Kong on October 12, 1993.
- 19th at 16:52 while editing:
Visiting a friend in Marum in the late eighties.
- 12th at 13:46 while reading something:
preparing a meal for a group date in Ocean City. Summer 1985.
- 13th at 10:20 while studying some code:
having dinner with a family in Lechashau. December 1991.
- 20th at 14:40 while eating a clementine:
Wild Wood, New Jersey. Summer 1985.
- 21st at 12:17 while programming:
Sitting in the palace garden of the Forbidden City.
August 14, 2006.
- 27th at 10:45 while writing documentation:
Standing on the board walk in Atlantic City. Summer of 1985.
- 6th at 14:42 while talking with colleague:
Sitting in a restaurant in Brussel (with mirrors). Late eighties.
- 6th at 16:35 while studying some code:
Spider in the toilet at primary school. Early seventies.
- 28th at 16:28 while programing:
Railway station of Antwerp. Summer 1982?
- 9th at 8:21 while reading a book:
Grap bag in a shop. Late sixties.
- 22nd at 14:35 while writing bug report:
Talking to a friend at a retreat. Around 1988.
- 1st at 14:04 while thinking about an algorihm:
Standing outside a lunch place in Colorado on August 17, 1997.
- 14th at 23:53 while writing something:
Visiting some company in the west. Around 1992.
- 11th at 15:59 while editing:
Visiting the argicultural amusement park Flevohof in Flevoland. Early seventies.
- 9th at 13:13 while typing:
Departure hall of Denver International Airport. August 21, 1997
- 30th at 13:49 while programming:
Going to a book market in ice-stadium Enschede together with a friend around 1983.
- 30th at 14:42 while editing:
Visiting McDonalds in Oxford. August 1989.
- 28th at 13:02 while writing an email:
Small bookshop at the central train station in Utrecht. Late seventies.
- 5th at 12:19 while debugging:
Outreach in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Summer 1985.
- 3rd at 14:56 while debugging:
Sitting at the table of a family during a retreat in Burghaamstede. Late eighties.
- 5th at 17:18 while programming:
Some dinner with the church in a school building. Late ninties.
- 24th at 15:23 while programming:
Outside a restaurant North of Denver city. August 17, 1997
- 17th at 18:36 while cooking:
Visiting St. Clements Caves in Hastings, England on July 31, 1978.
- 10th at 12:22 while debugging:
Sitting in the back of a church as a child, while we where on holiday.
- 21th at 1:21 while putting the clothes on the clothesline:
Getting a haircut in de Leidestraatweg in Woerden. Late sixties.
- 26th at 0:59 while writing an email:
Being in a bar in Woerden. Early eighties.
- 18th at 12:05 while programming:
About taking picture 
around 13:57 on May 1, 2007.
- 7th at 0:18 while watching some online clip:
Visiting a bar in Hengelo. Mid eighties.
- 11th at 11:48 while programming:
Attending clasical recital in Harmelen. Around 1980.
- 26th at 15:51 while programming:
Attending congress organized by employer. Around 2000.
- 18th at 13:17 while programming:
Visiting Modern Christian art exhibition in Leiden. Late eighties.
- 25th at 15:30 while programming:
Visiting electronics shop in Utrecht. Mid seventies.
- 2nd at 12:02 while working:
Square in Barcelona. May 13, 2010
- 8th at 8:18 while entering data:
Watching boys play 'landjepik'. Around 1968.
- 1th at 15:52 while programming:
Dinner at castle during FAIM'95 conference.
- 1th at 15:59 while programming:
Walking near Maastricht with Li-Xia.
February 28, 2007, around 8:45
- 6th at 14:02 while programming:
Visiting farm exhibition. Early seventies.
- 18th at 1:03 while working with hugin:
My brother participating in judo competition in Oudewater. Early seventies.
- 22nd at 16:53 while debugging:
Visiting and elderly couple in Boekelo. Early nineties
- 27th at 12:15 during meeting:
Visiting two friends attending bible school. Around 1990.
- 13th at 14:34 during checking code:
Some conference in Burg-Haamstede. Late eighties.
- 23rd around 6:40 while cooking eggs:
Havind breakfast with Li-Xia in Barcelona. May 2010.
- 23rd at 11:05 while reviewing code:
Attending meeting in Driebergen. Late eighties.
- 15th at 15:22 while programming:
Watching presentation of 'electric man' at fair in Woerden. Mid seventies.
- 4th at 14:32 while programming:
Working for cousin. Summer of 1976 or 1977.
- 10th at 20:02 while doing the dishes:
Working on Sparc Station in Hengelo. Early ninthies.
- 25th at 0:38 while debugging:
visiting an unearthed Roman ship. Early seventies.
- 26th at 16:58 while programming:
Gospel sharing service in Woerden let by Bram Krol. Around 1980.
- 10th at 15:35 while programming:
Visiting Bertrand bookshop in Barcelona on May 15, 2010.
- 22nd at 1:15 while entering data:
Dinning room of De Lindenhorst. Around 1980.
- 9th at 15:59 while programming:
Walking around canal in Birmingham in July 1992.
- 4th at 16:24 while programming:
Going to swimming pool in Hengelo on August 3, 1982.
- 7th at 14:26 while checking files:
Looking at Precision sundail in Stuttgart. June 27-30, 1995
- 4th at 16:24 while programming:
Carting in Wierden. February 2000.
- 31st at 13:50 while writing email:
Schutterijweg, Maastricht. On May 1, 2007
- 5th at 15:05 while writing email:
Giving training near Schiphol. Early nineties.
- 3rd at 15:55 while thinking:
Sister joining swimming contest in lake. Mid seventies.
- 5th at 23:12 while writing:
Visiting the home of a friend a reading a book about farao's.
- 2nd at 10:49 while programming:
Playing 'prosecution' game in Ocean City, Summer of 1985.
- 25th at 15:55 while debugging:
Visiting book market in 'empty' iceskating hall in the eighties.
- 28th at 17:33 while biking:
Visiting a pasar malam on June 24, 1976
- 1st at 14:46 while debugging:
Visiting Oegstgeest for High School camp November 19-23, 1979.
- 11th at 16:04 while debugging:
Somewhere along the road in a forest. It stopped raining, but there is still some 'rain'.
Someone (my father?) expains that this are drops falling from the leaves, and that it will
stop soon. Late sixties, early seventies.
- 12th at 16:14 while debugging:
Talk of George Brucks at YfC Conference: Samensmeden.
- 18th at 12:33 while debugging:
Attending funeral on December 26, 2005.
- 21th at 16:36 while comparing code:
Visit "Autobedrijf Munsterhuis" in Almelo. Around 2000.
- 15th at 11:10 while testing:
Playing games in a park with some girls that I felt attracted to. Around 1990.
- 16th at 13:01 while programming:
Walking down the stairs in one of the towers of the Sagrada Família
on May 14, 2010 around 3 PM.
- 22nd at 10:34 while reviewing code:
visiting exhibition by Billy Foley on March 9, 2003.
- 30th at 15:04 while reviewing code:
Getting English tutoring (in private home on Burgemeester H.G. van
Kempensingel in Woerden, if I remember correctly). Mid seventies.
- 29th at 16:10 while writing bug report:
In swimmingpool with other students . Around 1984.
- 3rd at 10:19 while browsing:
Parrot show on July 24, 2010 near Urumqi, China.
- 3rd at 17:16 while programming:
Library in Woerden. Mid seventies.
- 6th at 15:22 while reviewing code:
Driving in England from London to the direction of Oxford or Birmingham. Around 1990.
- 17th at 15:17 while debugging code:
Barcelona, May 2010.
- 18th at 14:01 while editting:
Eating French fries during conference in Dalfsen. Late eighties.
- 6th at 13:44 while editing a document:
Visiting English teacher to repair the earphone socket of some
electronic equipment. Around 1974.
- 8th at 10:18 while debugging:
Visiting "Het Instrument" in Utrecht
on October 12, 2000.
- 4th at 12:25 while programming:
Going to a shelter for the homeless in Atlantic city in
- 2nd at 13:10 while programming:
With my father and some of my siblings visiting some outdoor
event in Nieuwkoop (if I am not mistaken). It was too crowded
to see anything. Late sixties.
- 4th at 16:37 while programming:
Waiting for someone to meet in canteen of Hogekamp building
at University of Twente. Late eighties.
- 9th in the morning while programming:
Someone finding money on September 28, 1977.
- 9th at 13:25 while programming:
Townhall of Leiden: Wedding of Walther and Victoria, September 1, 2003.
- 27th early in the morning:
Child care of Bonavatura church in Woerden. Late sixties.
- 20th at 11:55 while programming:
Going to job interview at Baan Company (maybe in castle De Vanenburg).
- 20th at 13:22 while programming:
Concert of Dingeman Coumou in Harmelen around 1980.
- 27th at 17:02 while programming:
Going to the beach with some friend and a girl I was in love with. 1981
- 11th at 13:42 while writing email:
Some cousins showing their hut in the woods. Mid seventies.
- 29th at 14:32 while writing notice:
Talking to a girl named Margreet at highschool graduation party on June 5, 1981.
- 20th at 15:12 while code review:
Visiting new room of (female) friend. Mid eighties.
- 8th at 15:34 while programming:
Walking around after taking picture  in Maastricht on February 27, 2007 on 8:31.
- 9th at 16:21 while programming:
Near railway station Antwerpen, probably on July 28, 1983.
- 9th at 17:24 while programming:
Walking around in Stuttgart on June 27, 1995.
- 9th at 17:24 while programming:
Walking around after taking picture  in Maastricht on February 26, 2007 on 13:53.
- 11th at 15:04 while writing bug report:
Poster shop in Hoog Catharijne in Utrecht. Around 1980.
- 22nd at 18:30 while reviewing code:
Typing messages on teletype at an electronics trade fair on
September 2, 1978.
- 29th at 10:38 while programming:
Visiting Thai restaurant in Darmstadt. Around 1997.
- 17th at 13:25 while programming:
Going for a swim with Bob and his friends in Eastbourn on July 12, 1978.
- 24th at 1:14 while comparing results:
Talking with friend on field in Woerden. Around 1980.
- 7th at 13:38 while programming:
Bulldozer working near our home in a field to be made into a park.
- 11th at 15:21 while debugging:
Going to the beach with friends. May 5, 1981.
- 15th at 17:22 while programming:
Reading some science books when visiting an uncle. Early seventies.
- 16th at 2:00 while writing:
Visiting supermarket on August 26, 1989
with some friends in Shrewsbury.
- 22nd at 15:30 while writing code:
Being in a church in Leiden where an exhibition of modern Christian art was
being set-up. Late eighties.
- 14th at 10:16 while writing code:
Visiting shelter for young adults in Utrecht for helping with repairs.
- 22nd at 16:44 during code review:
High school party in Utrecht. Waiting outside building.
- 19th at 13:03 while editing bug description:
Horseback riding near Estes Parks in August 1997.
- 20th at 13:41 while reading:
Meeting with American colleague on June 14,
2015 in Antwerp.
- 27th at 11:51 while writing:
Being at head quarters of Akzo Nobel in Arnhem. (Around 1992)
- 30th at 18:07 while baking pancakes:
Being at YfC Music Festival in Kamperland. (August 1980)
- 13th at 10:41 while reviewing code:
Visiting the Flevohof, an argricultural amusement park in
- 19th at 11:55 while thinking about proposed solution:
Going to Taoistic temple on July 22, 2010.
- 19th at 14:06 while doing code review:
Attending wedding of Kim and Anneke on
April 15, 2005.
- 8th at 14:54 while debugging:
Visiting zoo near Urumqi on Saturday, july 24, 2010.
- 24th at 23:46 while programming:
Visiting Babylon in Woerden. Around 1981.
- 16th at 15:15 while programming:
Being in Reutte, December 1991.
- 20th at 19:54 while reviewing:
Seeing Margreet near/in the Pius X school where she was going to dance
or something like that. Mid seventies.
- 1th at 16:22 while programming:
Being in Antwerp on the evening of June 13, 2015.
- 6th at 14:19 while programming:
Visiting place of former boss for a party. Around 1998.
- 27th at 14:30 while programming:
Getting lost while driving to Eth0:2017 Winter on February 19, 2017
- 2nd at 14:04 while programming:
Visiting XP meeting at Uithof in Utrecht. (We played a planning game).
- 10th at 14:01 while programming:
Visiting Park Güell in Barcelona on May 13, 2010.
Online diary |
Useless lists |