Books I have read
Below an incomplete list of my readings. Whenever it states a date
with out any specification, then this is the date I either started
reading it or finished reading it.
When a year is placed between brackets with a question mark, it
means that I do not know when I read the book, but that the given
year is a rough guess.
On a separate page gives detailed
information about my bible readings.
- De onderbroken reis (The Interrupted Journey) by John G. Fuller.
(In or after 1973)
- Kruistocht in spijkerbroek by Thea Beckman. (1974?)
- Several books from the De Discus series by R. Feenstra. (??)
- Several books from the Bob Evers series by Willy van der Heide. (??)
Buitenaardse beschaving by Stefan Denaerde. I bought this book on
June 11, 1976 and finished reading it the next day.
- De Discus komt terug by R. Feenstra. February 19, 1977.
- De inspecteur by Jan de Hartog.
February 19-20, 1977.
- Weersatalieten (Weather satalites) by Jansen and Schimmel. March 25-27, 1977.
- Rik Robbers en de dwerg piloten by W.J. Verbeeten. April 3, 1977.
- Van Mesdag tot Mondriaan. April 4, 1977.
- De vikingen van Tau Ceti by Felix Thijssen. April 8, 1977.
- Frank Distel, De straalschoenen van Professor Popofski. April 10, 1977.
- Het brein in de krabnevel by Felix Thijssen. April 12-13, 1977.
- De kapitein by Jan de Hartog. May 1-9, 1997.
- Schaduwen op Aries by Felix Thijssen. (Exact date unknown.)
- De dag van Aldebaran by Felix Thijssen. (Exact date unknown.)
- De nacht van Abaddon by Felix Thijssen. (Exact date unknown.)
- Zwerftocht tussen de sterren (Citizen of the Galaxy) by Robert Heinlein. May 13-14, 1977.
- Who? by Algis Budrys. Started on August 26, 1997.
On September 23 I return the book unfinished.
- Brave new world
by Huxley. October 7-26, 1977.
- Help, de dokter verzuipt by Toon Kortooms. October 14-17, 1997
- Stad onder de sterren (The City and the Stars) by Arthur C. Clarke. October 17, 1997
- The cave. November 16 - December 6, 1977
- De planeten bouwers. December 2, 1977.
- Ruimte-Odyssee by Keith Laumer. December 3, 1977.
- Dinosaurisstrand by Keith Laumer. December 3, 1977.
- Zwaarmoedige verhalen voor bij de centrale verwarming by Heere Heeresma (Bulkboek 63). 1977?
- War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells.
From around December 12, 1977 till about March 2, 1978
- De sterrenmensen zijn onder ons. January 2-5, 1978.
- Onbekend verleden. January 2, 1978. only partial, I guess.
- De G.O.D. computer
(When HARLIE Was One)
by David Gerrold. January 28, 1978.
- Duin (Dune) by Frank Herbert. I bought this book on
February 11, 1978 for fl 19.50 (€8.86) and finished
reading it in four days.
- Twee vrouwen by Harry Mulisch. February 28, 1978.
- Duin Messias (Dune Messiah) by Frank Herbert. I bought this
book on March 3-4, 1978 for fl 12.50 (€5.85).
- Van de Koele Meren des Doods by F. van Eeden. March 5-11, 1978.
- Karakter by F. Bordewijk. March 10, 1978.
- De kinderen van Duin (Children of Dune) by Frank Herbert.
I bought this on March 16, 1978 for fl 22.50 (€10.02).
- Book about Algol 60. March 25&26, 1978.
- Twee sterren by Silverberg. April 3-4, 1978.
- To Sir, with Love. April 8-15, 1978.
- De heksen van Karres by James H. Schmitz. April 14-15, 1978.
- Duin (Dune) by Frank Herbert. Second reading. May 1, 1978.
- De sprong der paarden en de zoete zee by Harry Mulish. May 9, 1978.
- Het zwarte licht by Harry Mulish (Bulkboek 66). May 11, 1978.
- Noorderlicht by F. Borderwijk. May 14, 1978.
- A Comparative study of Programming Languages,
by Bryan Higman. June 13, 1978.
- Triumph. September 9-16, 1978.
- Claudius, the God. September 16, 1978.
- Heerlijke nieuwe wereld (Brave New World) by Huxley. September 23, 1978.
- Science Fiction. October 20, 1978.
- De kleine Johannes by F. van Eeden. November 4, 1978.
- Foundation by Asimov. Finished reading on November 22, 1978.
- De kleine Johannes, deel II by F. van Eeden. (Most likely around this time.)
- De kleine Johannes, deel III by F. van Eeden. (Most likely around this time.)
- Paul's ontwaken by F. van Eeden. (Most likely around this time.)
- Karel ende Elegast. Finished on January 30, 1979.
- One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. February 3-10, 1979.
- 1984 by George Orwell. February 18, 1979.
- De Splinter in God's Oog (The Mote in God's Eye) by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. February 20-24, 1979.
- Kleene algebra? by Conway.
Got some xeroxs from Henk Koppelaar
on February 26, 1979. Just read some parts.
- Camera Obscura by Hildebrand. February 28, 1979.
- Macbeth by Shakespeare. March 11, 1979.
- Kinderen van Duin (Children of Dune) by Frank Herbert. Second reading. March 16, 1979.
- Reineart de Vos. March 18, 1979.
- Johannes Viator by F. van Eeden. March 20-22, 1979.
- Twee brieven uit Westerbork by Etty Hillesum. March 24, 1979
- A Christmas Carol by Dickens. March 24, 1979.
- Erik, of het kleine insectenboekje by Bomans. March 24-26, 1979.
- King Kong by F.W. Hermans (Bulkboek 74). March 28, 1979.
- Systeemleer als methode voor de sociologie, master thesis of
J.L.A. Geurts. April 8, 1979.
- De Stervende Aarde and Het Laatste Kasteel by Jack Vance.
April 21, 1979.
- The Lord of the Ring: The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien.
July 12-14, 1979
- The Lord of the Ring: Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien. July 14, 1979.
- Practical Thinking by Edward de Bono. July 21, 1979.
- Teaching Thinking by Edward de Bono. July 29, 1979.
- Po, beyond yes and no by Edward de Bono. July 29, 1979.
- The mechanism of the mind by Edward de Bono. July 29, 1979.
- The Lord of the Ring: The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien. August 26, 1979 till September 1, 1980.
- Tien klinkende woorden. Studied through the school year.
- Van oude menschen, de dingen die voorbij gaan by Louis Couperus. October 6, 1979
- Max Havelaar by Multatuli. Finished on October 29, 1979.
- Tekstwetenschap by T.A. van Dijk. December 8, 1979 - January 21, 1980.
- A Comparative study of Programming Languages. December 22, 1979 (parts).
- Bijbelsdagboek 1980 (Daily devotional 1980). January 1 - December 31, 1980.
- Een nieuwer testament by Hella S. Haasse. Finished around January 14, 1980.
- Beatrijs. February 2-3, 1980.
- Het dromenboek (The dreambook) by Frederik van Eeden. 3 februari 1980 (partial).
- Digitale computertechnieken. Early March 1980.
- Frederik van Eeden, denker en strijder by H.W. van Tricht. March 6-12, 1980.
- Macbeth by Shakespeare. March 12, 1980.
- Bible: Daniel. March 15 - April 23, 1980.
- Ik heb je geen rozentuin beloofd by Hannah Green. Around April 28 - May 17, 1980.
- De Steen by Sybren Polet. May 5, 1980.
- Mannekino by Sybren Polet. May 13, 1980.
- Bible: Ephesians. May 16-24, 1980.
- Alle weken hebben dagen by Toos Staalman. May 23, 1980.
- Over Frederiks van Eeden's van de koele meren des doods by H.C.Rümke. June 6 - November 17, 1980.
- Pascal by Jensen en Wirth. October 29, 1980.
- Inleiding tot het programmeren, deel 1. October 29, 1980.
- Koning Arthur. November 3-6, 1980.
- Inleiding tot het programmeren. November 6, 1980.
- Pascal: User Manual and Report. November 6, 1980.
- Keep the Aspidistra Flying by George Orwell. December 10, 1980.
- Bible: Genesis. January 1981.
- A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare. Around January 10-12, 1981.
- Bible: Exodus. January 1981.
- The C Programming Language
by Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M. Ritchie. Around January 24 and 27, 1981
- Radicale Therapie by Paul Tournier.
Around February 24, 1981.
- Van den Vos Reynaerde. (School year 1980-81.)
- De spaanschen Brabander by G.A. Bredero.(School year 1980-81.)
- Nooit meer slapen by W.F. Hermans. (School year 1980-81.)
- Twee brieven uit Westerbork by Etty Hillesum. (School year 1980-81.)
- De donkere kamer van Damokles by W.F. Hermans. (School year 1980-81.)
- De verliezers by Anna Blaman. (School year 1980-81.)
- De komst van Joachim Stiller by Hubert Lampo. (School year 1980-81.)
- Hélèna Defraye by Hubert Lampo. (School year 1980-81.)
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding. (Before the summer of 1981)
- I, Claudius, by Robert Graves. (Before the summer of 1981)
- De Gomboom by Ivan Southall. (1981?)
- Raviaan comic. On May 19, 1981.
- Alien comic. On May 19, 1981.
- De Eersten van Rissan by
May 26-27, 1981.
- Het zingende schip
by Anne McCaffrey.
June 2, 1981.
by Samuel R. Delany.
June 3, 1981.
- Verdwaald tussen de sterren (Orphans of the Sky) by Robert Heinlein. August 13, 1981.
- De ijsschoener (The Ice Schooner) by Michael Moorcock. November 26, 1981.
- Imperial Earth by Arthur C. Clarke. January 9, 1982.
- Leiding... van dag tot dag (Affirming the Will of God) by Paul E. Little. January 27, 1982.
- Bible: Psalms 138-150. February 18-22, 1982.
- Bible: Proverbs. February 22 - April 8, 1982.
- Vrouwen uit het nieuwe testament (Women in the New Testament) by H.A. Visser. Februari 23, 1982.
- Zwerftocht tussen de sterren (Citizen of the Galaxy) by Robert Heinlein. Second reading. March 14, 1982.
- Bible: Ecclesiasticus. April 9-24, 1982.
- Meer dan een Timmerman (More than a carpenter) by Josh McDowell. April 23, 1982.
- Bible: Songs of songs. April 26,27, 1982.
- Bible: Isaiah. April 30 - September 21, 1982.
- Knappen (Snapping) by Flo Conway and Jim Siegelman. June 24 - July 4, 1982.
- Gems from Tozer by A.W. Tozer. around July 21, 1982.
- Nita by Mark Buntain and Ron Hembree. September 6, 1982.
- Bible: Jeremiah. September 24, 1982 - February 10, 1983.
- Mijn hart blijft onbevredigd (My Beautiful Feeling) by Walter and Ingrid Trobisch. December 8, 1982
- Eric by Doris Lund. December 20, 1982.
- Genoodzaakt goed te wezen by dr. B. Goudzwaard. 1983.
- Watchman Nee. De man die niet vluchtte by Agnes Kinnear. January 12, 1983.
- De planeet die Aarde heette (The Late Great Planet Earth) by Hal Lindsey. January 24, 1983.
- Bible: Lamentations. February 11-21, 1983.
- Bible: Ezekiel. February 23 - May 8, 1983.
- Ik had een meisje lief (I loved a girl) by Walter Trobisch. March 17, 1983.
- Bible: Daniel. May 7,8, 1983.
- Bible: Hosea. May 20 - June 20, 1983.
- Het Normale Christelijke Leven (The Normal Christian Life) by Watchman Nee. June 3, 1983.
- Bible: Joel - Haggai. June 26 - Augustus 9, 1983.
- Bible: Zechariah. Augustus 17-29, 1983.
- Bible: Malachi. Augustus 31 - September 7, 1983.
- Bible: Matthew. September 12, 1983 - January 2 1984.
- Bijbelse dagkalender 1984. 1984.
- Bible: Mark. January 9 - February 9 and September 8 - November 5, 1984.
- The Soul of a New Machine
by Tracy Kidder. May 4, 1984.
- De Maan in Opstand (The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress) by Robert Heinlein. September 6, 1984.
- SF-novel. November 5, 1984.
- Bible: Luke 1-12. November 6, 1984 - Februari 26, 1985.
- SF-novel. November 15, 1984.
- Het Vaderhart van God (The Father Heart of God) by Floyd McClung Jr.. November 18, 1984.
- Ik zal nooit meer huilen (The Gangster Who Cried) by Nicky Cruz. (1984?)
- Evolutie: Een ei zonder kip by Ben Hobrink. (1984?)
- Wie denkt moet geloven (He Who Thinks Has To Believe) by A.E. Wilder Smith. (1984?)
- Know why you believe by Paul E. Little. (1984?)
- 2 SF-novels. February 2 & 3, 1985.
- Encouragemen by Lauwrence J. Crabb, Jr. and Dan B. Allender. Summer 1985.
- The Mystical Maze by Pat Means. (1986?)
- De stelling van Gödel by E. Nagel and J.R. Newman. (1986?)
- Schuld en boete (Crime and Punishment) by Fjodor Dostojevski. (1986?)
- Jesus, A Biblical Defense of His Diety by Josh McDowell and Bart Larson. (1986?)
- Ordering your private world by Gordon MacDonald. (1987?)
- Living on the ragged edge by Charles R. Swindell. Summer 1989.
- Narnia Chronicals, by C.S. Lewis. I finished reading all the books from the Chronicals
while staying with a friend in Fallbrook in 1987.
- Over het existentialism by Jean Paul Sartre. (1988?)
- Perelandra by C.S. Lewis. (1989?)
- The Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis. (1989?)
- Als ik met je praten kon... by Dietmar Zöller. December 17, 1989.
- Heretics of Dune. December 1989. Rereading for making notes.
- Crisis in Masculinity by Leanne Payne. (1990?)
- This Present Darknes by Frank E. Peretti. July 1991 (?).
- Extraordinary People: Understanding Savant Syndrome by Darold A. Treffert MD. (1991?)
- Bluff your way in Philosophy by Jim Hankinson. (1991?)
- Bluff your way in Teaching by Nick Yapp. (1991?)
- Bluff your way in Computers by Gordon Davies. (1991?)
- The sea, the sea by Iris Murdoch. (1994?)
- Prophet, by Frank E. Peretti. 1994.
- Winnie-the-Pooh, by A. A. Milne and illustrated by E. H. Shepard. (1994?)
- The House at Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne. (1994?)
- Wild Swans by Jung Chang. (1995?)
- C.S. Lewis by Catherine Swift. (1995?)
- Shadowlands by Leonore Fleischer. (1995?)
- The four loves by C.S. Lewis. (1995?)
- Verdriet, dood en geloof (A Grief Observed) by C.S. Lewis. (1995?)
- Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis.
June 27-28, 1995.
- Zen and the Art of Motercycle Maintenance, by
Second or Third reading was from August 2-17 in 1996, while in China.
- The Bridges of Madison County. August 24, 1996 in Beijing.
- Winnie-the-Pooh on Problem Solving by Roger E. Allen & Stephen D. Allen. (1997?)
- Tussen Hemel en Hel (Between Heaven and Hell) by Peter Kreeft. (1997?)
- The Silence of Adam by Larry Crabb.
Around May 26, 1997
The following books are books that I have most certainly read, but
I am not sure when exactly.
- The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff.
- With Heart and Mind by Kenneth L. Pike.
- Out of the silent planet by C.S. Lewis.
- Spiritual Leadership by J. Oswald Sanders.
- A Brief History of Eternity by Roy E. Peacock.
- The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges.
- Zoektocht naar God (Finding God) by Larry Crabb.
- China's kerk leeft by Mary Wang.
- Power through Prayer by E.M. Bounds.
- Ik dans voor jou by Mireille Nègre.
- How to experience revival by Charles G. Finney.
- How to find freedom from the power of sin by T.A. Hegre.
- Zie, ik maak iets nieuws by Bakht Singh.
- Mannen en vrouwen. Hoe verschillend zijn ze? by John Nicholson.
- Vrouwen: seksualiteit en pornografie by Beatrice Faust.
- De man met een kogel in zijn hoofd by A.R. Lurija.
- God and the new physics by Paul Davies.
- Weefwereld (Weaveworld) by Clive Baker.
- Verlies by Nicci French.
Finished reading on June 25, 2002.
- A Pattern Language by Christopher Alexander.
Parts from June 12, 2002
till about January 7, 2003.
- Mannekino by Sybren Polet. June 13-25, 2003.
- Bekentenissen van een Filosoof by Bryan Magee.
December 20, 2003 - August 19, 2004.
- Quarks, Chaos en Christendom: Vragen over wetenschap en religie
by John Polkinghorne. January 31 - February 16, 2004.
- Het Achterhuis. Dagboekbrieven 12 juni 1942 - 1 augustus 1944 by Anne Frank.
May 1-2, 2004.
- Mijn liefde kent geen dood by Lieneke Koornstra. May 4-30, 2004.
- De gedresseerde man, Dutch translation of
The Manipulated Man by Esther Vilar.
June 14-16, 2004.
- Get Strong at the Opening by Ricard Bozulich.
July 14 - mid August 2004.
- Lila: An inquiry into Morals by Robert M. Pirsig.
October 2, 2004 - January 7, 2005.
- Facts and Fallacies of Software Engineering by Robert L. Glass.
October 9-11, 2004.
- A Beautiful Mind by Sylvia Nasar. From November 26, 2004 -
February 24, 2005.
- Wat rijmt er op huwelijk by Yvonne Kroonenberg. December 5-7, 2004.
- Het Paleo Diet. February 5-27, 2005.
- De Tao van Christus (The Jesus Soetras). February 28-May 1, 2005.
- Hij (He : Understanding Masculine Psychology) by Robert A. Johnson.
March 28- April 6, 2005.
- Zij (She : Understanding Feminine Psychology) by Robert A. Johnson.
April 6-12, 2005.
- Basisopleiding Bedrijfshulpverlener by NIBHV.
April 13-19, 2005.
- Wolf by Jan Cremer. May 27 - August 7, 2005.
- De sterrenzwervers (The world Jones made) by Philip K. Dick. August 7-12, 2005.
- De God der gramschap (Deus Irae) by Philip K. Dick and Roger Zelazny. August 12 - November 17, 2005.
- Schaduw van de zwaan by M.K. Wren. August 10, 2006.
- Mijn dinsdagen met Morie (Tuesdays with Morrie) by Mitch Albom. January 14-18, 2007.
- Ik deserteur van een braaf autistenras by
Birger Sellin. January 18 - February 24, 2007.
- De Schopenhauer-kuur (The Schopenhauer Cure: A Novel) by Irvin D. Yalom.
March 6 - April 7, 2007.
- Zomerhitte by Jan Wolkers. March 21-27, 2007.
- De go-speelster (The girl who played Go) by Shan Sa. June 16-24, 2007.
- Het laatste offer by Simone van der Vlugt.
June 24 - July 13, 2007.
- God is geen illusie: Meditaties bij het einde van het leven (God Is No Illusion: Meditations on the End of Life)
by John Carmody. July 20 - September 12, 2007.
- The Flight from the Enchanter by Iris Murdoch.
September 13 - November 13, 2007.
- Hij (He : Understanding Masculine Psychology) by Robert A. Johnson.
October 17-23, 2007. Second time.
- Hemel vlucht (Sky Burial)
by Xinran Xue. November 17-18, 2007.
- Mijn jeugd met Poeh (The Enchanted Places) by Christopher Milne.
January 4-13, 2008.
- Vlieg vogel vlieg met me mee tralala by Heere Heeresma. January 10-29, 2008.
- Hersenschimmen (Mindshaddows) by J. Bernlef. January 30 - February 13, 2008.
- De troost van Melancholie (The comfort of Melancholy)
by Jozef Zehentbauer. February 19, 2008.
- Grunbergbijbel by Arnon Grunberg. March 18-30, 2008.
(Dutch translation) by Rudyard Kipling. March 31 - April 20, 2008.
- Bible: Job. April 22 - May 12, 2008.
- Zibaldone. May 2, 2008 - January 23, 2009.
- Hemel vlucht (Sky Burial) by Xinran Xue. Second reading: May 6-14, 2008.
- De wilde getallen (The Wild Numbers) by Philibert Schogt. May 24 and 25, 2008.
- Figuranten (Silent Extras) by Arnon Grunberg. May 26 - June 29, 2008.
- Ik heb Alzheimer (I have Alzheimer's) by Stella Braam. June 4-12, 2008.
- Can man live without God by Ravi Zacharias. July 6-16, 2008.
- Duoboek by Wim Daniëls. July 8 - November 1, 2008.
- ...À la Japonaise by Radboud Molijn. July 15-17, 2008.
- Why the Jews Rejected Jesus by David Klinghoffer. July 17-27, 2008.
- Levende vrijheid (Living Enlightment) by Andrew Cohen. July 27-28, 2008.
- Invincible: The Games of Shusaku. July 29 - August 3, 2008.
- The Gospel of Mark in old Dutch translation. July 29 - August 5, 2008.
- De X-Files van de literatuur (The X-files of the literature) by Arie Storm. August 6-21, 2008.
- Levend bewijs: Spel van Jezus' passie by Wiel Kusters. September 7, 2008.
- Phileine zegt sorry (Phileine says sorry) by Ronald Giphart. October 18 - November 1, 2008.
- Redekunstige grondslag van verstandhoudingen by Frederik van Eeden. November 1 - December 12, 2008.
- Amuse-Gueule by Arnon Grunberg. November 2-26, 2008.
- The Way of Go by Troy Anderson. November 27 - December 13, 2008.
- Blauwe maandagen (Blue Mondays) by Arnon Grunberg. December 14-27, 2008.
- Twee vrouwen (Two women) by Harry Mulisch. Second reading December 26&27, 1978.
- Greatest hits, Volume 1 by Bart Chabot. January 18-31, 2009.
- Sky Burial by Xinran Xue. Third reading from Chapter 4 of English translation. January 31 - February 1, 2009.
- Zelf schrijver worden (Becoming a writer) by Gerard Reve. January 31 - Februari 11, 2009.
- Een vrouw (One woman) by Marcel Möring. February 1-8, 2009.
- Maak jezelf maar klaar (Make yourself ready) by Elsbeth Etty. February 14-21, 2009.
- Drop je lyrics 2 by Wim Daniëls. February 14-22, 2009.
- De pianiste (The Piano Teacher)
by Elfriede Jelinek. February 22 - April 5, 2009 till page 156.
- Herman Brood Uncut. February 28 - March 3, 2009.
- Een jaar met duizend dagen (A year with 1000 days) by Berit Degnæs. February 28 - March 7, 2009.
- Thee op de blauwe sofa (Tea on the blue sofa)
by Natasha Illum Berg. March 7-10, 2009.
- Elvistranen by Bart Chabot. March 10-15, 2009.
- De heilige Antonio by Arnon Grunberg. March 15, 2009.
- Gala by Ronald Giphart. March 16-17, 2009.
- Twee dochter en een reiger by Martin Bril. March 21-27, 2009.
- Zoeken naar de stier (The Search, talks on 'The Ten Bulls', of Zen) by Bhagwan Sri Rajneesh. March 21 - July 27, 2009.
- De pianoman by Bernlef. March 27&28, 2009.
- Zwerftocht tussen de sterren (Citizen of the Galaxy) by Robert Heinlein. Third reading. March 29-31, 2009.
- Het theater, de brief en de waarheid by Harry Mulisch. April 2, 2009.
- Ik Jan Cremer (I Jan Cremer) by Jan Cremer. April 14 - June 2, 2009.
- De regels (The rules) by Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider. April 29 - May 6, 2009.
- Kleine meisjes worden groot (Small girls grow tall) by Frank Schalkwijk. May 9-13, 2009.
- Pooh and the Philosopher by John Tyerman Williams. May 16-21, 2009.
- The Inescapable Self by Timothy Chappell. May 22 - November 23, 2009.
- Vijf fabels by Harry Mulisch. June 4 - July 4, 2009.
- De nadagen van Gerard Reve by Ad Fransen. July 4-5, 2009.
- Duin (Dune) by Frank Herbert. Third reading. July 10-21, 2009.
- Dagboek 1931-1934 (Diary 1931-1934) by Anaïs Nin. August 1, 2009 - July 16, 2010.
- Henry en June by Anaïs Nin. August 10 - September 29, 2009.
- The Meaning of Life by Terry Eagleton. September 12-25, 2009.
- Duin Messias (Dune Messiah) by Frank Herbert. Second (or third) reading. October 3-17, 2009
- Incest by Anaïs Nin. October 7, 2009 - July 16, 2010.
- Doe wat ge wilt: Brieven aan Anais Nin (Letters to Anais Nin) by Henry Miller. November 27, 2009 - July 18, 2010.
- Ik besloot dat ik alles kon by Loesje. November 28 and 29, 2009.
- De negatieve teleologie van Hans Jonas inhoud (The Negative Teleology of Hans Jonas), PhD thesis of Ton van der Valk.
December 1-18, 2009.
- Kort kort lang by Kristien Hemmerechts. December 18-25, 2009.
- Verborgen stemmen (The Good Women of China) by Xinran. December 25, 2009 - January 2, 2010.
- Dylan on Dylan by Bob Dylan. December 30, 2009 - February 16, 2010.
- A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers by Xiaolu Guo. January 21-23, 2010.
- Spellingscarrousel by Wim Daniës. January 30 - February 6, 2010.
- Four Colors Suffice by Robin Wilson. February 6-8, 2010.
- Vita by Victoria Glendinning. February 10 - July 26, 2010.
- Oeroeg by Hella Haasse. February 23 - April 28, 2010. Till page 47, I read this together with Annabel.
- Perfect rigor by Masha Gessen. April 6-25, 2010.
- Lieve vogeltjes (Little birds)
by Anaïs Nin. May 11 - June 13, 2010.
- Het geheim van Eberwein by Boudewijn Büch. May 13,14, 2010.
- Buiten is het maandag by Bernlef. May 14&15, 2010.
- The Poincaré Conjecture by Donal O'Shea. May 24 - June 6, 2010.
- Dagboek 1967 by Jan Wolkers. June 20-24, 2010.
- Horrible Tango by Jan Wolkers. July 6-18, 2010.
- Plato and a Platypus Walk into a Bar by Thomas Cathcart and Daniel Klein. July 8-15, 2010.
- Dertien (Black Swan Green) by David Mitchell. July 26-29, 2010.
- Meta Maths: The Quest for Omega by Gregory Chaintin. Since July 31 - August 8, 2010.
- Het Feest der Liefde by Ronald Giphart. August 8 - September 12, 2010.
- Een spion in het huis der liefde (A Spy in the House of Love) by Anaïs Nin. August 29 - October 17, 2010.
- Suicide Note by Michiel M. Since September 26 - October 19, 2010. Read till page 60.
- Alles op de fiets by Rutger Kopland. October 10, 2010.
- Zorgen moet je doen, niet maken by Loesje. November 1-3, 2010.
- De Eenzaamheid van de Priemgetallen by Paolo Giordano. November 3-8, 2010.
- Theo Colenbrander Tapijten by Arno Weltens. November 10-13, 2010.
- Pieter Wiersma: Architektuur in Zand. November 18, 2010.
- Juffrouw Pots by Tosca Menten. November 21-23, 2010.
- De ontdekking van Moskou (1963 version) by Harry Mulisch. December 2, 2010 - January 2, 2011.
- Bekentenissen (Confessions) by Nina Hagen. December 5, 2010 - January 1, 2011.
- Kort Amerikaans by Jan Wolkers. January 1-24, 2011.
- De ontdekking van Moskou (three version) by Harry Mulisch. January 4 - February 18, 2011. Second reading for analysis.
- Turks Fruit by Jan Wolkers. February 6 - April 5, 2011.
- Twee vrouwen (Two women) easy reading version by Marian Hoefnagel of the book by Harry Mulisch. February 22 & 23, 2011.
- De Oer-Aanslag by Harry Mulisch. March 19-27, 2011.
- De Broodschrijver bij Arja Peters. April 3-4, 2011.
- Broodje Gezond by Bart Chabot. April 6 - June 28, 2011.
- Lynch's Dune, 1st Draft Screenplay. April 17, 2011.
- Dune by Frank Herbert. April 20 - May 8, 2011. Fourth reading, first in English.
- Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Johanthan Safran Foer. April 10 - July 25, 2011.
- Karel heeft echt bestaan by Arnon Grunberg. May 29 - June 1, 2011.
- Monte-Carlo Tree Search by Guillaume Chaslot. July 11-17, 2011.
- Called Out of Darkness by Anne Rice. July 31 - August 5, 2011.
- "Star Trek: The Vulcan Academy Murders by Jean Lorrah. August 6-16, 2011.
- Heb je ervaring by William Sutcliffe. August 16-21, 2011.
- Maak me blij by Karin Giphart. August 24 & 25, 2011.
- Bright Dawn by Rik Geuze. August 28 - September 24, 2011.
- Het seksuele leven van Catherine M. by Catherine Millet. September 27 - October 29, 2011.
- De Tijd Zelf by Harry Mulisch. November 5 & 6, 2011.
- Brieven aan Olga by Jan Wolkers. November 24 - December 4, 2011.
- Getallen zijn je beste vrienden by Vincent van der Noort. October 27 - December 15, 2011.
- Notes on a Scandal by Zoë Heller. November 22 - December 28, 2011.
- De laatste jaren van mijn grootvader by Gerard Reve. December 31, 2011.
- De Ondergang Van De Familie Boslowits by Gerard Reve. January 2-5, 2012.
- Dit is geen lied songtexts by Frédérique Spigt. January 7, 2012.
- Een vriendschap in Tibet (Last seen in Lhasa) by Claire Scobie. January 8-11, 2012.
- Water | Wasser | Eau by Joachim Fischer. January 29 - February 11, 2012.
- The Dutch Tongue by Ben van de Have. February 11-13, 2012.
- Intimiteit by Willy Pasini. January 28 - February 18, 2012.
- De avonden by Gerard Reve. January 6 - March 18, 2012.
- De bibliotheek van Boudewijn Büch by Frans Mouws. March 27 & 28, 2012.
- Over wat ik nog wil schrijven by Jean Paul Van Bendegem. March 20 - April 7, 2012 (for about 80%).
- De zin van het leven ("The Meaning of Life" according to the Great and the Good. April 8, 2012.
- What Is a Mind? by Suzanne Cunningham. October 27, 2011 - June 9, 2012.
- De Vogels by Harry Mulisch. July 1, 2012.
- God-Keizer van Duin (God Emperor of Dune) by Frank Herbert. June 16 - July 5, 2012. (Second reading)
- Sartre by Martin Suhr. July 26 - August 30, 2012.
- Denked aan Holland by Thomas Rosenboom. September 21 & 23, 2012.
- Over het existentialism by Jean Paul Sartre. Second reading. September 30 - October 13, 2012.
- My Brain is Open: The Mathematical Journeys of Paul Erdös by Bruce Schechter. October 20-28, 2012.
- Kinderen van Duin (Children of Dune) by Frank Herber. Third reading. November 11 - December 5, 2012.
- De schoonheid van de man by Florence Ehnuel. December 29, 2012 - January 5, 2013.
- Gesprekken met Simone de Beauvoir (Interviews with Simone de Beauvoir) by Alice Schwarzer. December 31, 2012 - January 9, 2013.
- Marszwart & titaanwit: het beeldend werk van Jan Wolkers by Onno Blom and Irma Boom. January 12-15, 2013.
- Banksy: Myths & Legends by Marc Leverton.
- Heer en meester, een liefdesverklaring by Edith Ringnalda. January 16-26, 2013.
- Het Gouden Ei by Tim Krabbé. February 2 & 3, 2013.
- Data & Reality by William Kent. February 5 - March 11, 2013.
- De Handschoenvijver (Glove Pond) by Roger Thorpe. March 20-22, 2013.
- Zwerftocht tussen de sterren (Citizen of the Galaxy) by Robert Heinlein. Fourth reading. March 15-26, 2013.
- De meester van het go-spel (The master of go) by Yasunari Kawabata. April 13 & 14, 2013.
- The Meijin's Retirement Game by John Fairbairn. April 16-23, 2013.
- Rustige dagen in Clichy (Quiet days in Clichy) by Henry Miller. April 29 - May 2, 2013.
- Fermat's Last Theorem by Simon Singh. May 9-22, 2013.
- Zen en de religieuze ongelovige (Osho: Nirwana, The last nightmare) by Osho. June 17 - July 31, 2013.
- Ecclesiastes: Annotated & Explained by Rami Shapiro. August 16-22, 2013.
- Een (nieuwe) geschiedenis van de filosofie (A (new) history of philosophy) by Jan Bor. April 7 - August 26, 2013.
- Met een begerig oog by Marije and Merel Wessels. September 21, 2013.
- Een zomer lang (Summer Crossing) by Truman Capote. September 21 - October 2, 2013.
- Mathematical Vistas: From a Room With Many Windows by Peter Hilton, Derek Holton, and Jean Pedersen. September 14 - October 12, 2013.
- X: De ultieme pornogids voor de vrouw by Erika Lust. September 21 - November 2, 2013.
- Dagboek van een nymfomane by Valérie Tasso. November 10-30, 2013.
- Verlichting in een lege verpakking by Paul van der Sterren. December 22, 2013.
- Ongebonden: een boek over verlangens, haast onzegbaar by Katherine Angel. December 22-25, 2013.
- Understanding Women: The Definitive Guide to Meeting, Dating and Dumping, if Necessary by Romy Miller. December 23, 2013 - January 2, 2014.
- Eiland 34 by Annette Pehnt. January 18-20, 2014.
- De stand van de erotiek (number 4, july 2012) of De God van Nederland ziet alles!. January 21-23, 2014.
- Brieven aan Esther by Arnon Grunberg. January 23&24, 2014.
- Overal Boeddha's en hoe ik geen verlichting bereikte by Mariëlle Hageman. January 25&26, 2014.
- De Doodshoofdvlinder by Jan Wolkers. January 26-31, 2014.
- Mannen die vrouwen haten by Stieg Larson. November 3, 2013 - February 11, 2014.
- Ongebonden: een boek over verlangens, haast onzegbaar by Katherine Angel. February 12-16, 2014, second reading.
- Belangrijke voorwerpen en persoonlijke bezittingen uit de collectie van Lenore Doolan en Harrold Morris, inclusief boeken kleding en sieraden by Leanne Shapton. February 28 - March 1, 2014
- Tekort by Adrian Tomine. March 5, 2014.
- Afscheid in vier taferelen by Borislav Čičovački. March 6-8, 2014.
- Praten met Prediker by Andries Floris Troost. April 13-29, 2014.
- The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty door Anne Rice. 19 april - 3 mei 2014.
- Terug naar Oegstgeest by Jan Wolkers. March 15 - May 13, 2014.
- Zen en de religieuze ongelovige (Osho: Nirwana, The last nightmare) by Osho. Second reading. September 5, 2013 - May 29, 2014.
- Leven met Reve by Ad Fransen. May 31 - June 1, 2014.
- Vrouwen zijn leuker by Joyce Roodnat. June 8&9, 2014.
- Jaloezie by Catherine Millet. June 10 - July 12, 2014.
- The Conspiracy Against the Human Race by Thomas Ligotti. August 20 - October 4, 2014.
- Antiglamour by Carice van Houten and Halina Reijn. October 13-19, 2014.
- Het seksuele leven van Catherine M. by Catherine Millet. July 12 - October 22, 2014. Second reading.
- Susan Sontag: Reborn, Journals & Notebooks 1947-1963. October 21-27, 2014.
- Jan Wolkers Foto by Steye Raviez. November 2, 2014.
- Een liefde in Parijs by Remco Campert. November 2-4, 2014.
- Waarom de wereld niet bestaat by Markus Gabriel till page 119. November 8-15, 2014.
- Het slimme onbewuste: denken met gevoel by Ap Dijksterhuis. November 22 - December 2, 2014.
- De Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. November 6-9, 2014.
- Susan Sontag: As Consciousness Is Harnessed to Flesh, Journals & Notebooks 1964-1980. October 19 - November 11, 2014.
- F**k it: The Ultimate Spiritual Way by John C. Parkin. December 15-24, 2014.
- Zo is het genoeg: Het laatste jaar van Jan Wolkers by Onno Blom. January 1, 2015.
- The Man Who Knew Too Much by David Leavitt. January 6-9, 2015.
- Terug tot Ina Damman by Simon Vestdijk. November 29, 2014 - January 12, 2015.
- O vermiljoenen spleet! by Bart Van Loo. January 13-27, 2015.
- Logbook: 1991-1992 by Harry Mulisch. January 19 - February 4, 2015.
- Ik ben Maan by Maan Leo. May 1, 2014 - February 14, 2015.
- The Bite in the Apple: A Memoir of My Life with Steve Jobs by Chrisann Brennan. February 17-26, 2015.
- Vulpen by Heleen van Royen. April 16, 2015.
- Hard by Raffaëla Anderson. May 1-5, 2015.
- Proeven van Liefde (Essays in Love) by Alain de Botton. May 24 - June 16, 2015.
- Steve Jobs: de biografie by Walter Isaacson. March 20 - June 21, 2015.
- Liefde is Business by Arnon Grunberg. July 9-20, 2015.
- Job / Prediker by Pius Drijver and Pé Hawinkels. April 12 - August 16, 2015. Only part about Ecclesiastes.
- De myte van Sisyfus by Albert Camus. May 12 - August 23, 2015.
- Consciousness and the Brain by Stanislas Dehaene. August 15 - September 14, 2015.
- You should be here! A book about Helsinki by Tom Bulgaria. August 30 - September 15, 2015.
- Ik ben een vreemde lus by Douglas R. Hofstadter. March 5 - October 12, 2015.
- Genius At Play: The Curious Mind of John Horton Conway by Siobhan Roberts. November 2-30, 2015.
- Ongoingness: The End of a Diary by Sarah Manguso. December 10-13, 2015.
- Kinds of Minds by Daniel C. Dennett. October 20 - December 31, 2015.
- De Ontdekking van Moskou by Harry Mulisch. November 21, 2015 - January 21, 2016.
- Creatieve Processen: Over studie- en beroepshouding van kunstenaars by Maria Hopman. February 2, 2016.
- Alleen met mijn wereld by Wessel Broekhuis. February 1-7, 2016.
- Our Inner Ape by Frans de Waal. February 28 - March 17, 2016.
- I. Asimov: A Memoir by Isaac Asimov. January 18 - March 28, 2016.
- De Egotunnel by Thomas Metzinger. April 25 - May 24, 2016.
- De Ontsnapping by Heleen van Rooyen. June 26 - July 3, 2016.
- Verbeelding: de wereld van tekst en geheugen by Ilse Löbker. July 5 & 6, 2016.
- Verlichting voor luie mensen by Paul Smit. July 14 & 15, 2016.
- a, A Novel by Andy Warhol. April 18, 2014 - July 19, 2016.
- Dagboek 1974 by Jan Wolkers. September 3-14, 2016.
- Dagboek 1976 by Jan Wolkers. September 15-25, 2016.
- American Nerd by Benjamin Nugent. September 30 - October 5, 2016.
- Wolken boven Berlijn by Chloe Aridjis. October 10-16, 2016.
- Moedig Voorwaarts, letters by Gerard Reve. March 17, 2012 - November 6, 2016.
- Khomeini, Sade en ik by Abnousse Shalmani. November 24 - December 3, 2016.
- Gerard Reve, Kroniek van een schuldig leven. Deel 3 - De late jaren (1975-2006) by Nop Maas. October 27, 2012 - December 21, 2016.
- Basic Teachings of the Buddha by Glenn Wallis. January 19 - February 3, 2017.
- The Mating Mind by Geoffrey Miller. November 19, 2016 - February 14, 2017.
- Brandende Liefde by Jan Wolkers. March 31 - April 9, 2017.
- Less Than Zero and the Dutch translation Minder dan niks by Bret Easton Ellis. March 5 - April 22, 2017.
- Think Like an Artist by Will Gompertz. April 5-25, 2017.
- Figuranten by Bret Easton Ellis. Since April 22-29, 2017.
- Verlichting voor luie mensen by Paul Smit. May 7-9, 2017. (Second reading.)
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell. April 30 - May 9, 2017.
- Vertaalconcept: The Old Man and the Sea / De Oude Man en de Zee by Ilse Löbker based on text by Ernst Hemingway. May 13-18, 2017.
- The Boxer and the Goal Keeper: Sartre Versus Camus by Andy Martin. May 19 - June 10, 2017.
- Ketters van Duin by Frank Herbert. February 6 - July 11, 2017.
- The Game by Neil Strauss. July 9-20, 2017.
- Who Stole My Spear? by Tim Samuels. July 24 - August 13, 2017.
- On Photography by Susan Sontag. June 12 - September 2, 2017.
- The Truth by Neil Strauss. September 2-10, 2017.
- Een vlucht regenwulpen by Maarten 't Hart. September 13-28, 2017.
- Girl in a Band by Kim Gordon. October 1-24, 2017.
- Walk Through Walls by Marina Abramović. October 14 - November 6, 2017.
- Ach, Wim, wat is een vrouw?: brieven aan een jeugdvriend by Jan Wolkers. November 9-12, 2017.
- Als een rollende steen by Maria Barbal. November 14-15, 2017.
- The Seducer's Diary by Søren Kierkegaard. November 18 - December 9, 2017.
- Als zodanig niet herkenbaar, is dat duidelijk by Moniek Toebosch. November 16 - December 10, 2017.
- Je bent wat je doet by Roos Vonk. December 20, 2017 - January 8, 2017.
- The Philosophy of Andy Warhol: From A to B and Back Again by Andy Warhol. December 9, 2017 - January 9, 2017.
- Boud: het verzameld leven van Boudewijn Büch (1948-2002) by Eva Rovers. January 9-31, 2018.
- Doen jullie het nog? by Jean-Pierre van de Ven. February 7-11, 2018.
- Vivienne Westwood by Vivienne Westwood and Ian Kelly. January 31 - March 30, 2018.
- Art Sex Music by Cosey Fanni Tutti. March 19 - April 10, 2018.
- Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert. May 3-10, 2018. (First reading in English; third (or fourth) reading in total.)
- En liefde in mindere mate: dagboeken 1961-1987 by Doeschka Meijsing. March 16 - May 19, 2018.
- Welchen soll ich nehmen? by Eva Heller. May 19 - June 11, 2018.
- Gezien de feiten by Griet Op de Beeck. March 25 - June 11, 2018.
- Paralipomena Orphica by Harry Mulisch. June 23 - July 10, 2018.
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin. June 12 - early july, 2018.
- Valerie Solanas by Breanne Fahs. September 18 - October 10, 2018.
- Vrouwen en Liefde: Een culturele revolutie in ontwikkeling by Shere Hite. July 11 - October 17, 2018.
- My Name is Charles Saatchi and I Am an Artoholic by Charles Saatchi. November 6-11, 2018.
- The Trip: Andy Warhol's Plastic Fantastic Cross-Country Adventure by Deborah Davis. November 3-30`, 2018.
- Solve for Happy: Engineer your Path to Joy by Mo Gawdat. August 14 - December 4, 2018.
- Sexfilms in de bioscoop by P.M.H. Cuypers. January 10-19, 2019.
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. March 26 - April 3, 2019.
- Leven en dood van Andy Warhol by Victor Bockris. December 1, 2018 - April 6, 2019.
- Horken & Heksen by Jeffrey Wijnberg. May 21-24, 2019.
- Everything I Know by Jeanne Viviès. July 6-7, 2019.
- ٭٭٭ by Wietske Joan. July 7-11, 2019.
- Het litteken van de dood: de biografie van Jan Wolkers by Onno Blom. May 12 - August 2, 2019.
- Roekeloos by Chrissie Hynde. July 14 - August 11, 2019.
- The Favourite Game by Leonard Cohen. April 5 - September 1, 2019.
- What Do Women Want? by Daniel Bergner. September 18-29, 2019.
- Je bent wat je doet by Roos Vonk. July 5, 2018 - October 8, 2019. Second reading.
- Duin by Frank Herbert. Mid October - 4 december 2019. Fifth reading.
- Alchemie van de liefde by Lisette Thooft. December 24-26, 2019.
- Spoedcursus verlichting by Tijn Touber. December 6-27, 2019.
- Famous For 15 Minutes: My Years With Andy Warhol by Ultra Violet. November 3 - December 31, 2019.
- Het ware geluk by Lucius Annaeus Seneca. December 21, 2019 - January 3, 2020.
- JPod by Douglas Coupland. November 27, 2019 - January 16, 2020.
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers. January 17-19, 2020.
- Models: Attract Women Through Honesty by Mark Manson. January 21-24, 2020. (Not completely)
- How to f*ck a woman: leer van een vrouw wat vrouwen willen by Ali Adler. February 7-10, 2020.
- A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers. January 30 - February 11, 2020.
- 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke. January 30 - February 23, 2020.
- On & Off the Grid. February 23 - March 8, 2020.
Currently, I am reading (in decreasing order of activity):
Books that I started reading, but about which I am not sure if I will ever
- Duin by Frank Herbert. Since February 21, 2020. Sixth reading; reading aloud to Conny.
- Tao te ching: de kunst van harmonie by 老子. Since May 4, 2020.
- Geek Wisdom: The Sacred Teachings of Nerd Culture. Since May 14, 2020.
- Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein. Since December 29, 2009.
- Trouw schrijfboek. Since November 13, 2008.
- Het Geheugen Paleis by Joshua Foer. Since November 1, 2011.
- Brieven 1956-1996, Jan Cremer. Since April 6, 2009.
- Jan Cremer Documentaire by Hans Düttin. Since April 9, 2009.
- Ulysses by James Joyce. Since December 23, 2010.
- Bob Dylan: A life in Stolen Moments by Clinton Heylin. Since August 17, 2010.
Useless lists |
Book shops |